Windows 10: Sound randomly stopped working

Discus and support Sound randomly stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Desktop. Everything was running fine. I was browsing reddit on one monitor and playing youtube in the other like usual. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Baku010, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Sound randomly stopped working

Hi, I have a Windows 10 Desktop. Everything was running fine. I was browsing reddit on one monitor and playing youtube in the other like usual. I paused youtube to go the store. When I came back 30 minutes later and resumed video the sound would not work. I have 3 different audio outputs, I switched between all of them (tv (second monitor), speakers (realtek), and USB headset) and nothing was working although windows showed sound. While I was troubleshooting through the Windows audio troubleshooter it found no problems, but I got a random notification and heard the system sound through my default output (speakers).

I checked for driver updates and windows updates. I restarted the computer, nothing. I went into windows services and restarted the Windows audio and the audio started playing on an open youtube video, but when I tried to change it no sound until I restarted it again.

submitted by /u/Baku010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Baku010, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Gainward Win User

Logitech G930 randomly stops working?

Hi *Smile Sound randomly stopped working :)

I've had G930 for over a year and it's been working quite well, but recently, it just randomly stops working! (it stops for 3-4 seconds and then start works again)
    I tried removing the driver and installing it again and still the same problem
    anyone who can help? *Frown Sound randomly stopped working :(

Gainward, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the sound on your Windows 10 PC is not working is due to an incompatible or outdated driver. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you download the recently available sound driver in our Windows Update Catalog.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open a browser and go to
      https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
    • In the Search box, copy and paste this information HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76C7 and click the Search button.
    • Select the most updated sound driver, which is Tempo driver update for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
      Last Updated is 5/8/2015, Version 6.10.6504.0, File Size 13.1 MB.
    • Click Download.
    In addition, before you install this driver we recommend that you uninstall the previous driver in your Windows 10 PC through the Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers to view the sound device.
    • Right-click on the name of the sound driver and select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab and select Uninstall.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Sound randomly stopped working

Sound Randomly Turns Off

I'm having a problem where the sound in my Win 10 computer randomly stops and then randomly goes back on. When it happens, it basically pauses anything that plays sound. When I try to click play nothing happens and everything can randomly comes back on,
    sometimes taking 15 mins. Its a huge problem so if anyone has an idea, im open to suggestions.

Thanks for you help!

JosephCasey817, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Sound randomly stopped working

1. Sound randomly stopped working - Similar Threads - Sound randomly stopped

2. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  3. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  4. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  6. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  7. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10: Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I have to either restart my PC or Increase/decrease the Volume to fix it. Even then, The audio works for a few seconds and then...
  9. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  10. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops working randomly: So I've gone through just about every single option I've found through google. I just built a brand new PC everything was working fine the first day of use. I turned it on today and the sound wasn't working. I went through everything and finally turned to uninstalling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound randomly not working

2. sound andomly stopped working buzzing pc

3. computer sound stopped working randomly