Windows 10: Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...

Discus and support Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I determine what is making the sound on my laptop randomly go out? I've confirmed all of my drivers are up to date by doing windows update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by h0va4life, Apr 21, 2021.

1. h0va4life Win User

Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...

How can I determine what is making the sound on my laptop randomly go out? I've confirmed all of my drivers are up to date by doing windows update and also update tool from my laptop manufacturer. I do not want to reinstall windows.

I've noticed the sound comes back after one of the following events occur:

1. I run the help assistant and it will reinstall the audio driver

2. I unplug the bluetooth dongle of my mouse and replug it in - this did the trick twice but I recently tried a third time and it did not work - I did hear a usb disconnect/connect sound randomly about an hour later after trying for a third time.

:)

h0va4life, Apr 21, 2021

2. Sound Randomly Turns Off

I'm having a problem where the sound in my Win 10 computer randomly stops and then randomly goes back on. When it happens, it basically pauses anything that plays sound. When I try to click play nothing happens and everything can randomly comes back on,
    sometimes taking 15 mins. Its a huge problem so if anyone has an idea, im open to suggestions.

Thanks for you help!

JosephCasey817, Apr 21, 2021
  3. rerunner Win User
    audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back... [​IMG]

Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back... [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...

Computer randomly stops playing sound

So recently my pc randomly stops playing sound. When that happens I cannot view youtube videos, or buffer spotify (anything that requires streaming stops workingÖ: twitch, facebook videos). The only temporary fix I found is to terminate audiogd.exe, which
    will fix the problem until the sound turns itself off again. I already updated my drivers, the issues persists and I don't know what to do

Jackomatrus, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back...

1. Sound randomly stops and won't return unless I reinstall drivers OR it randomly comes back... - Similar Threads - Sound randomly stops

2. Sound issues random stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issues random stops: Hi,I seem to have sound issues. Whenever I play something, initially it works. Then it just stops. I tested this while keeping the "System>Sound" setting open. And I noticed that whenever the sound stops, the Sound setting screen gets refreshed and then no sound comes out....
  3. Sound issues random stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound issues random stops: Hi,I seem to have sound issues. Whenever I play something, initially it works. Then it just stops. I tested this while keeping the "System>Sound" setting open. And I noticed that whenever the sound stops, the Sound setting screen gets refreshed and then no sound comes out....
  4. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  5. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.: Running the troubleshooter says no issues were found, and if I try to give feedback, it says "An error occurred while troubleshooting. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Checking to update drivers says they're up to date....
  6. My keyboard randomly stops working unless I unplug and plug it back in again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Sound stops working randomly

Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  8. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  9. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops working randomly: So I've gone through just about every single option I've found through google. I just built a brand new PC everything was working fine the first day of use. I turned it on today and the sound wasn't working. I went through everything and finally turned to uninstalling the...