Windows 10: Sound randomly stops playing during a call

Discus and support Sound randomly stops playing during a call in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, when i'm on a call on discord, Google meet or using the voice chat in game, the sound will stop playing completely from my headset, I already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilasTheSomething, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Sound randomly stops playing during a call

So, when i'm on a call on discord, Google meet or using the voice chat in game, the sound will stop playing completely from my headset, I already tried changing some settings but nothing worked, the only workaround that I have is to change the default playback device to my monitor and back to my headset, but it's kinda frustrating having to do that every 10 minutes (Sorry if this is not the most indicated subreddit for this, it was the first and only one that I could think of)

submitted by /u/SilasTheSomething
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilasTheSomething, Jun 18, 2020

2. Computer randomly stops playing sound

So recently my pc randomly stops playing sound. When that happens I cannot view youtube videos, or buffer spotify (anything that requires streaming stops workingÖ: twitch, facebook videos). The only temporary fix I found is to terminate audiogd.exe, which
    will fix the problem until the sound turns itself off again. I already updated my drivers, the issues persists and I don't know what to do

Jackomatrus, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Sound Randomly Turns Off

I'm having a problem where the sound in my Win 10 computer randomly stops and then randomly goes back on. When it happens, it basically pauses anything that plays sound. When I try to click play nothing happens and everything can randomly comes back on,
    sometimes taking 15 mins. Its a huge problem so if anyone has an idea, im open to suggestions.

Thanks for you help!

JosephCasey817, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Sound randomly stops playing during a call

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Sound randomly stops playing during a call

1. Sound randomly stops playing during a call - Similar Threads - Sound randomly stops

2. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  3. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop only plays sound when on a call: Hi all,I have a Latitude laptop running Windows 10 and it has recently developed an interesting problem. I get no audio from the inbuilt RealTek speakers on Spotify, YouTube etc unless I am on a call on either Facebook Messenger or Microsoft Teams. I can then hear the call,...
  4. Laptop only plays sound when on a call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. JBL Wireless headphones sounding terrible during calls

JBL Wireless headphones sounding terrible during calls: I recently bought a pair of JBL TUNE 600 BTNC, and I've been using them a lot for gaming and music. However, they have many problems when I use them during calls. Firstly, when i connect them wirelessly, over bluetooth to my laptop, the Sound Settings shows me two different...
  6. Annoying sound plays at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying sound plays at random: Recently I have upgraded my SSD to a larger and newer model. But since clean system install on my new drive, I am constantly harassed by some sort of notification sound. I haven't noticed any pattern to it, I think it plays at random. Couldn't find anything in Event Viewer...
  7. Random apps not playing sound

Random apps not playing sound: For some reason, some apps will just randomly stop playing sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-apps-not-playing-sound/1eb31277-0ef6-4ace-ac1b-1b2630a64b93
  8. Headset with no sound during calls

Headset with no sound during calls: Hi, I'm using the Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, I run Win10 20H2 build 19042.630 last updated on a Razer Blade 15 2020. On a normal use there is NO PROBLEM at all, the sounds are great, I can hear everything and if I go to playback devices on sound settings I can see the...
  9. video's will randomly stop playing

video's will randomly stop playing: For some reason when i watch something the video will just freeze or the audio wont work then the audio will randomly start working again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-will-randomly-stop-playing/5d750905-a780-420a-93a1-7dbab7137603
  10. Windows Randomly Playing Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Randomly Playing Sound: This is the sound I finally tracked down a sound that has been randomly playing on my computer back to Systems Sounds. Despite this I cannot figure out what within windows is causing it, if someone can identify it that would be great. submitted by /u/a_potato_is_missing...