Windows 10: Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

Discus and support Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dreadwastaken, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I have to either restart my PC or Increase/decrease the Volume to fix it. Even then, The audio works for a few seconds and then stops working again. I've tried updating my Audio Drivers, Uninstalling and Reinstalling the driver, Changing the Audio Device. But nothing seems to be working. The Problem started recently and I've been trying to find a fix for it for a time. But was unable. Your help will be appreciated

:)

Dreadwastaken, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the sound on your Windows 10 PC is not working is due to an incompatible or outdated driver. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you download the recently available sound driver in our Windows Update Catalog.
    To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open a browser and go to
      https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
    • In the Search box, copy and paste this information HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76C7 and click the Search button.
    • Select the most updated sound driver, which is Tempo driver update for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.
      Last Updated is 5/8/2015, Version 6.10.6504.0, File Size 13.1 MB.
    • Click Download.
    In addition, before you install this driver we recommend that you uninstall the previous driver in your Windows 10 PC through the Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers to view the sound device.
    • Right-click on the name of the sound driver and select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab and select Uninstall.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jul 2, 2021
  3. rerunner Win User
    audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10 [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

Hi,

Since reinstalling or updating the driver did not resolve the issue, we may try to simply roll it back to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your sound driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install, and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

1. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Randomly stops

2. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  3. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stops working randomly: Hi there,My sounds randomly stops working, i have a Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm hooked op to a SoundblasterX G6. I also use wave link software to controll all the different sound inputs/outputs i have. The only fix i currently have to get my sound back, is to either restart my...
  4. Sound stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Keyboard randomly stops working and error sound plays: Using a Dell Precision 5750 laptop. Keyboard is attached to laptop.Every so often, while typing on my keyboard, the typing stops and the windows error noise plays the "ding". I have to reclick into the window I'm typing again to resume typing. This happens pretty randomly,...
  6. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  7. windows 10 randomly stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 randomly stopped working.: i finally got my new case in the mail and i rebuilt my pc. when i tried to turn it on it worked, but the rgb for one of the fans stopped working. so i turned the computer off, and unplugged and re plugged the fan and turned it on to see if it worked but it didn't work so i...
  8. Sound stops working randomly

Sound stops working randomly: So I've gone through just about every single option I've found through google. I just built a brand new PC everything was working fine the first day of use. I turned it on today and the sound wasn't working. I went through everything and finally turned to uninstalling the...
  9. Sound randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound randomly stopped working: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Desktop. Everything was running fine. I was browsing reddit on one monitor and playing youtube in the other like usual. I paused youtube to go the store. When I came back 30 minutes later and resumed video the sound would not work. I have 3 different...
  10. Sound stops working on Windows 10

Sound stops working on Windows 10: Windows 10, version 1803 Last update was KB4100347 I have a sound problem. It just stops working (twice now in four days), not sure what's wrong or how to work through it. When I look in drivers, it says they're up-to-date and that they're working. However, deleting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows randomly kills audio

2. Sound plays for a second then stops

3. sound on laptop stops working randomly