Windows 10: sound/realtek audio

Discus and support sound/realtek audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by okkittycat101, Sep 8, 2018.

1. sound/realtek audio

Reltek driver updated on my laptop, and now the sound sounds weird and has a weird echo like surround sound effect. It plays the sounds in both sides of the headphones but its more vivid in either the left or right side. Ex; if there were drums in a music video it might switch the beat from left to right then left again in rhythm, or it will be completely on one side while other elements of the music plays in the other side.

The best way I can describe it is like surround sound, but I don't have that option enabled or available since its greyed out in the device settings for Realtek. It seems best fitted for gamers who like to hear things happening to either the left or right of them and it gives a better feeling for the game, but I don't like it. Is there a way to get another device other then Realtek or maybe there's a setting that I can adjust to stop the slight echo and switching sounds between ears?

If anybody knows of a secure way to help fix this problem it'd be greatly appreciated!

:)

okkittycat101, Sep 8, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Jayce Win User

sound/realtek audio

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

sound/realtek audio

1. sound/realtek audio - Similar Threads - sound realtek audio

2. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  3. No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Realtek Audio Drivers: Windows update has, for a FIFTH TIME, completely broken the Realtek Audio Driver.Attempts to reinstall from the manufacturer's driver website don't work.Registry editing ConsoleSecurity doesn't work.Reverting Windows updates and uninstalling the latest feature updates are not...
  4. Sound Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Realtek Audio Driver: Hello, I had just got a new case for my computer and had to move all my hardware. Everything seems to be working correctly though my headphones aren't playing any sound Audio-technica ATH-M50x. The sound was working perfectly fine before the change happened. The device is...
  5. Sound Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Realtek Audio Driver: Hello, I had just got a new case for my computer and had to move all my hardware. Everything seems to be working correctly though my headphones aren't playing any sound Audio-technica ATH-M50x. The sound was working perfectly fine before the change happened. The device is...
  6. Sound Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Realtek Audio Console not showing sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek Audio Console not showing sound effects: So i know i had the options before where i just went to the audio console and clicked the speakers tab to see an equalizer and all the other options there like pitch shifting, however, now it just shows the basic options for changing default format of the audio. I tried to go...
  8. Realtek audio driver no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio driver no sound: I noticed my audio channels were reversed on my Logitech headset so I looked up how to reverse the channels. Everything I found pointed to getting the HD audio manager so I installed the driver and that's where I ran into problems. My computer was no longer detecting the...
  9. Realtek Audio Quadraphonic sound

Realtek Audio Quadraphonic sound: Hi all, Trying to troubleshoot a friends Dell PC. Sorry don't have all the specs but it's running an up-to-date Windows 10. The issue is that the Realtek drivers think the computer has 4 speakers connected. There are only 2. Going into control panel I can look at the...
  10. realtek audio no sound

realtek audio no sound: i have win10 pro and recently had to reset it, though lost most of my apps it is running now but no sound i have realtek audio and everything i tried still no sound and my drivers are up to date. any solutions?...