Windows 10: Sound recorder 2 problem

Discus and support Sound recorder 2 problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a Sony PX470 IC recorder, it came with Software, Sound Organiser 2 to install on my computer, but I cannot get any sound even though there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FernNZ, Sep 19, 2018.

1. FernNZ Win User

Sound recorder 2 problem

I bought a Sony PX470 IC recorder, it came with Software, Sound Organiser 2 to install on my computer, but I cannot get any sound even though there is no problem with the speakers etc. on my computer.
    I have since found that Sound Recorder 2, and/or IC recorder PX470 is not compatible with Windows 10.
    Does anyone know of another similar sound recorder programme I can download please.?
    Thanks.

:)

FernNZ, Sep 19, 2018

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 19, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound recorder

Hi,

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Sound recorder 2 problem

Sound Recorder Problem Windows 10

Hi,

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.
    a. In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    b. Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.
    This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Sound recorder 2 problem

1. Sound recorder 2 problem - Similar Threads - Sound recorder problem

2. Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem: I have recorded a short clip from internet radio 4 onto my Windows 7 PC which normally has no problem with audio recordings. I have followed the instructions and help advice for "Sound Recorder", but the basic problem remains: I can see the visual playback in the Windows...
  3. Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Sound Recorder - Playback problem: I have recorded a short clip from internet radio 4 onto my Windows 7 PC which normally has no problem with audio recordings. I have followed the instructions and help advice for "Sound Recorder", but the basic problem remains: I can see the visual playback in the Windows...
  4. Sound recording problem

Sound recording problem: Sound recorder cuts out intermittently.Drivers checked and updated.Tried using external mic - makes problem worse.See screenshot below showing flat lines where recording has cut out....
  5. Sound recording problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound recording problem: Sound recorder cuts out intermittently.Drivers checked and updated.Tried using external mic - makes problem worse.See screenshot below showing flat lines where recording has cut out....
  6. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  7. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  8. Sound Recording problem

Sound Recording problem: I have a HP Pavilion desktop, model 500-277cb 64 bit, 12 gb ram, 1 tb hard drive, which I purchased from Sam's Club in 2014. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1. It's been running fine for all these years. In late 2020, I upgraded to Windows 10, version 20H2. One of the main...
  9. sound recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  10. Sound recorder 2 problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound recorder 2 problem: I bought a Sony PX470 IC recorder, it came with Software, Sound Organiser 2 to install on my computer, but I cannot get any sound even though there is no problem with the speakers etc. on my computer. I have since found that Sound Recorder 2, and/or IC recorder PX470 is not...