Windows 10: Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format

Discus and support Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sound Recorder's default file type is .m4a. How can I make the default save as .mp3? 92163 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Aug 25, 2017.

1. beau Win User

Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format

Sound Recorder's default file type is .m4a. How can I make the default save as .mp3?

:)

2. BradSki Win User

Windows 10 Sound Recorder File Format

Is there any way to change the file format that Windows Voice Recorder app uses to save sound files in besides .mp4 format? I would prefer .mp3 or .wma over .mp4 format.

Is there any other save file format available?

Kind regards,

Bradley Skiff

PS I already read the article you referred to as an answer to a similar query and it was non-responsive to the question asked. Please answer the question above.

BradSki, Aug 25, 2017
  3. 12Comp Win User
    Voice Recorder audio format

I want to record using Voice Recorder in Windows 10 and use it as a ringtone on my android phone. It records in m4a format an it looks like android wants mp3.

There's no clear indication at all as to how to save files from the Voice Recorder.

How can I change the format to mp3. I *really* do not want to use a 3rd party app

12Comp, Aug 25, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Sound Recorder: Save to .mp3 Format - Similar Threads - Sound Recorder Save

2. voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio: I used Voice Recorder and my Recording was Autosaved, File Plays But Doesn't Have Sound. How can i fix this. It is a series of recordings in a period of a 02 weeks....
  3. voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio: I used Voice Recorder and my Recording was Autosaved, File Plays But Doesn't Have Sound. How can i fix this. It is a series of recordings in a period of a 02 weeks....
  4. The Voice Recorder Freezing While Saving Sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Voice Recorder Freezing While Saving Sound in windows 10: Hi!I'm currently saving a file after recording it by voice recorder or sound recorder from the windows app. But suddently it's freezing in the middle when saving, and it got stuck. The saving is not complete yet. Why should I do? Will it autosaved if I close the tab? please...
  5. The Voice Recorder Freezing While Saving Sound in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Voice Recorder Freezing While Saving Sound in windows 10: Hi!I'm currently saving a file after recording it by voice recorder or sound recorder from the windows app. But suddently it's freezing in the middle when saving, and it got stuck. The saving is not complete yet. Why should I do? Will it autosaved if I close the tab? please...
  6. CD Recording Format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Recording Format: CDs are recorded in certain formats, we all know that, be it MP3, WMA, WAV etc., etc. When a CD is inserted into a Windows System, the properties for each track refer to them as .CDA files which of course are just pointers to the audio track and not the recorded track...
  7. MP3 format CDs

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP3 format CDs: Does Windows 10 not recognise MP3 format Cds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-format-cds/9cb6ffe1-4593-46e3-a2b4-ce64b2109756
  8. sound recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  9. Voice Recorder Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Voice Recorder Format: I recorded a file in Voice Recorder, but when I tried to upload it, the site I was uploading to said it had to be in WAV format. I can't tell what format the original file is in, and can't figure out how to change it. Two other pre-loaded apps don't work. One doesn't show...
  10. Convert MTS format to MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert MTS format to MP3: How can I change a video in MTS to MP3 using a Microsoft product? I've tried WIN Media Player and it doesn't seem to do it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mts-format-to-mp3/0efb66ee-fea2-42c4-aefb-6d114973f40c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make a .mp4 file with voice recorder

2. save file sound recorder date