Windows 10: sound recording and screenshots

Discus and support sound recording and screenshots in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 1. My speech is being recorded perfectly. but sometime I want to record sound from my programs viewed on screen. How to do that:? 2. Want to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AslamSherwani, Jun 16, 2020.

1. sound recording and screenshots

1. My speech is being recorded perfectly. but sometime I want to record sound from my programs viewed on screen. How to do that:?

2. Want to have screenshot of a page or portion. Do not want to use printscreeen beause it uses and open window drive.

After searching on Google installed an app ScreenRec. I think it can solve both problem but I an unable to follow it.

:)

AslamSherwani, Jun 16, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Sound recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps to find Sound recorder

• Type voice recorder in search box
    • You will find the voice recorder
    • If it is not there you can go to windows store and download
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Jun 16, 2020
  4. trigan5 Win User

sound recording and screenshots

Cannot uninstall Free Sound Recorder v10.7.1 Type 32 bit HELP!

I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 installed Version number 1903 and I think it is 64 bit. I installed the above program 2 months ago and I want to uninstall it.
    I tried the many suggestions provided here:
    Uninstall and Remove Free Sound Recorder 8.2.3 Step by Step
    except the last suggestion but none of them worked.
    The last suggestion tells you to download a third party uninstaller and tells you to click on a link which I do not know I can trust. I have however tried installing Revo uninstaller 2.1.0 free version and even this program could not uninstall the program. The message is always the same

C\Program Files(86x)\Free Sound Recorder\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Will installing bitdefender antivirus program get rid of it?
    PLEASE HELP.

trigan5, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

sound recording and screenshots

1. sound recording and screenshots - Similar Threads - sound recording screenshots

2. Sound recording problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound recording problem: Sound recorder cuts out intermittently.Drivers checked and updated.Tried using external mic - makes problem worse.See screenshot below showing flat lines where recording has cut out....
  3. Record screen and screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record screen and screenshot: hi all i have window 7 how can i record a zoom or google meet ?how to take a screenshot with your laptop ?thanks all [Original Title: record ...] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-screen-and-screenshot/e1f03d45-99ab-413f-8219-713a9980df0a
  4. Record screen and screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Record screen and screenshot: hi all i have window 7 how can i record a zoom or google meet ?how to take a screenshot with your laptop ?thanks all [Original Title: record ...] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-screen-and-screenshot/e1f03d45-99ab-413f-8219-713a9980df0a
  5. No sound when recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound when recording: How do I get my external speakers to work when I'm recording from line-in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-recording/cb524f1e-618b-40fa-99f6-b15f9bc90eae
  6. Sound Recording Issue

Sound Recording Issue: Hello, So I recently got this laptop and have been trying to use a gaming headset that I have. However when I connect it, it seems that the audio works fine, but the microphone is still being routed through the laptop itself and not the headset's mic. No devices are coming...
  7. intermittent sound recording

intermittent sound recording: Hi, I have been recording music videos on my Dell laptop using the inbuilt camera and a snowball microphone with no problems. Yesterday I recorded a track, then listened to it and recorded a second track, but when I tried to edit them together I discovered the second...
  8. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  9. Orange Screenshot and Screen Recording

in Windows 10 Customization
    Orange Screenshot and Screen Recording: The Screenshot and Screen Recording buttons in Office 365 are now inserted as ORANGE graphics. It also happens when I use my PrintScreen key and paste so may be more of a new Windows issue. Any ideas on how to fix this back to the normal white like it has always been since...
  10. Sound-recording-app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sound-recording-app: Hello all: The old versions of MS Windows, such as Windows2000, has an app to be used for sound-recording. Does the Window10 also have the sound-recording-app? where?...