Windows 10: Sound recording not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Sound recording not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Suddenly, sound recording stopped working in my Windows 10 machine. This was working pretty good in Windows 7. Later I upgraded it to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kunaguvarun, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Sound recording not working in Windows 10

Hi,

Suddenly, sound recording stopped working in my Windows 10 machine. This was working pretty good in Windows 7. Later I upgraded it to Windows 10. It was working well initially. I even tested it with Cortana. Now, when I try to record, it doesn't work.

Tried with another set of headphones. => Not working
    Tried with Ubuntu => Not working
    Tried the same headphones in another machine => Didn't try

Let me know how to debug. Thanks in advance.

:)

kunaguvarun, Oct 9, 2015

2. The Sound recorder is not working in Windows 10.

<Original title: Sound Recorder Compatibilty>

Sound Recorder was working fine with Windows 7. I have since upgraded to Windows 10. Now, after upgrade, Sound Recorder does not work because it is not compatible with Windows 10.

Ganga RamN, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Audio Recording Problem - Windows 10 Camera

Hello,

I'm currently having an issue with the Windows 10 Camera app.

I record video, but no sound is coming through on the final product.

I have updated the drivers that would do the problem (i.e, Microphone, Sound Card).

Still, no sound picked up.

Other recording apps (Sound Recorder and third party sound recorders don't work) for example windows expression encoder screen recorder works...

Please help!

Cooper

CooperAntczak, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Sound recording not working in Windows 10

Dude, Oct 9, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    If you tried it with Ubuntu (Linux) and not working, that suggests either the sound is disabled in the BIOS or a hardware problem and not an OS problem.

fireberd, Oct 9, 2015
  6. I think the same. I don't see anything specific related to recording in BIOS. FYI, playback is fine.

kunaguvarun, Oct 10, 2015
  7. kunaguvarun, Oct 10, 2015
  8. fireberd Win User

OK, I missed its only Recording. What are you trying to record? Something from the Internet? or using some local recording device such as a microphone?

fireberd, Oct 10, 2015
  9. Yes. I'm recording using a microphone. I've two recording devices. One is my headphone with mic and other is my web camera. Sound recording via web camera is working fine with no issues. Recording via headphone with mic fails, however playback via headphones is fine.

kunaguvarun, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound recording not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound recording working

2. Windows sound recorder does not record well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  3. Windows sound recorder does not record well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  4. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10: So I bought my GF a new microphone. She had some troubles in getting it to work, so she asked me to look into it.I found out that not only does that microphone not work on he Laptop. NO Microphones are detecting any sort of input.I tried uninstallnig and reinstalling drivers...
  5. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10: So I bought my GF a new microphone. She had some troubles in getting it to work, so she asked me to look into it.I found out that not only does that microphone not work on he Laptop. NO Microphones are detecting any sort of input.I tried uninstallnig and reinstalling drivers...
  6. No Input devices work. They are recognized but no sound is being recorded. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Recording sound in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recording sound in Windows 10: I can go on the sound control panel just fine and look through playback, sounds, and communications. However, when I click on the Recording tab, there is a weird buzzing that starts in my headphones probably one of my mics and the sound control panel freezes, which means I...
  8. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  9. Windows 10 no Sound Recorder

Windows 10 no Sound Recorder: With my Windows 10 I have no Sound Recorder installed. How can I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-no-sound-recorder/88684cbe-bb00-4728-ad5c-d09b208f8197
  10. Sound Recorder not recording sound from Internet after 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound Recorder not recording sound from Internet after 10 upgrade: Greetings all, Does anyone know what happened to the SOUND RECORDER program that was in the previous versions of Windows? I was previously on Windows 7 and upgraded to 10 when the notifications came out last month. In W7 I was able to open the SOUND RECORDER program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound recording not working in power point