Windows 10: Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

Discus and support Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Equipment LG TV <===> Pioneer AV AMP <===> Radeon card in HP Z600 <===> HDMI Monitor Windows 10 Pro I want use Netflix , Youtube, Groove etc on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paulustrious, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

Equipment

LG TV <===> Pioneer AV AMP <===> Radeon card in HP Z600 <===> HDMI Monitor

Windows 10 Pro

I want use Netflix , Youtube, Groove etc on my TV with the sound going through my HiFi speakers.

I also watch Netflix on my TV originating from my PC. Netflix on a PC is much easier to use than the TV app. The TV is connected to my Amp via the ARC HDMI input. Let's suppose the TV is on. In Sound settings I have my preferred output device as HDMI. It all works until I switch my TV off or disconnect the TV<==>Amp HDMI cable. (There is still power to the TV.) Then the sound reverts to my PC internal speakers and the HDMI option disappears from Sound Settings even though the amp is still on.

In other words I cannot route my PC sound to my amp unless the TV is also connected and on, even if the TV is tuned to cable and not an HDMI input. It took me quite a while to discover that.

I don't the TV permanently on. So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that there might be an Amp option to disable this behaviour?

:)

Paulustrious, Apr 7, 2019

2. I have to reboot to enable my TV speakers

Hardware List:
    • PC: Acer Aspire t3-605 with Windows 10
    • TV: Pioneer Elite (connected to PC via HDMI)

• PC speakers connected to back of PC
    When I switch from my TV speakers to the PC speakers and turn off my TV, I have to reboot to switch back to my TV speakers.
    If I don't turn off my TV, I can switch back and forth without issue.
    I change speakers using the using the Sound applet in Control Panel.
    Once I turn off my TV, I can't see the TV speakers listed in the Sound applet.
    When I check Device Manager (in Control Panel), there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation point on High Definition Audio Controller (under System Devices).

In Event Viewer, on the General tab is:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C0C&SUBSYS_07931025&REV_06\3&11583659&0&18 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: hdaudbus.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: HDAudBus

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0xA

I tried updating the driver but it is always the latest.
    To resolve the issue, I uninstall the driver and reboot.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

ashwinanimal0, Apr 7, 2019
  3. chris_262 Win User
    No sound when connecting PC to TV with HDMI

Connecting an IVIEW PC to Vizio TV using HDMI cable, video works, but no sound. I right click on speaker and select playback devices, the only speakers listed are the PC speakers, Intel SST Audio Device (WDM). Tried using IE and Chrome. Connected same
    PC and cable to Samsung TV, no problems.

chris_262, Apr 7, 2019
  4. BigArtK Win User

Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

no Sound on TV device mgr TV shows as media device not under sound

I can cast music to my Sony Bravia XBR 65x850b tv.
    However when I have it as a a duplicate display sound I get on the speakers primary display does not come from the speakers on the TV.

On the device manager the TV shows as a media device.
    However, the TV does not appear under sound.
    Alll that shows under sound is
    Speakers
    Digital audio (S/PDIF). Digital audio is set as default

How can I have any sound on my PC desktop also come through my TV?

Do I disconnect my Speakers and have the sound come through my Samsung monitor?

What additional info might the list need to help solve this?

BigArtK, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off

1. Sound reverts to PC speakers when TV switched off - Similar Threads - Sound reverts speakers

2. Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off: Hello everyone,I am dealing with a quite frustrating issue with a new TV.Basically, my usual setup is that I have a laptop connected to a TV with an HDMI obviously.The projection is set to Second Screen Only, when TV is off it switches automatically to my laptop screen. When...
  3. Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Screen Only but not switching to first when TV off: Hello everyone,I am dealing with a quite frustrating issue with a new TV.Basically, my usual setup is that I have a laptop connected to a TV with an HDMI obviously.The projection is set to Second Screen Only, when TV is off it switches automatically to my laptop screen. When...
  4. PC conected to TV - no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC conected to TV - no sound: Hi! I have an VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X430FA_S430FA. Now when i connect the PC to TV with HDMI, audio stays only in PC, it not came out of TV, but some time ago there was no such problems. I have tried many solutions, out of youtube video, but nothings change. What else I can do,...
  5. System Sound keep muting when switching between bluetooth speaker and built in speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Sound keep muting when switching between bluetooth speaker and built in speaker: [ATTACH] I noticed that recently sometime system sound just muted itself for whatever reason when I switch between bluetooth speaker and laptop built in speaker....
  6. TV as second display switching off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TV as second display switching off: I have been using my TV a hisense with a 6 year old acer laptop running windows 10 connected with an hdmi cable with no problems. I bought a Lenovo in August and the TV connects fine but when I drag a window to the tv and click the square to maximise the window the tv...
  7. TV + PC Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV + PC Sound Issue: Hi guys, I have a PC that originally had Windows 8 on it and I’ve since updated to Windows 10. I have my PC connected to the TV via HDMI, when I change to the PC channel the sound doesn’t work. After restarting the PC the sound comes back and it works. If I change back to...
  8. Switching off internal computer speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching off internal computer speakers: This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the internal speakers and...
  9. sound of speakers on pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound of speakers on pc: please help me to i proceed installation of sound on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-of-speakers-on-pc/bb2cfeea-a33d-46ce-9bfd-91daa43f7848
  10. Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?: So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that now there is a problem with that too. *Sad I have a HDMI cable attached to my laptop so that I can use my TV as a second...