Windows 10: Sound service stopped working

Discus and support Sound service stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, my nephew had messed with my laptop and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio terminal creation service has stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KrisGregory1, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Sound service stopped working

Hi, my nephew had messed with my laptop and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio terminal creation service has stopped and won't start, I tried restarting my laptop but that didn't work, is there is a way to get it going again.

:)

KrisGregory1, Nov 24, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound service stopped working :p

cadaveca, Nov 25, 2021
  3. sound crashes on windows 10

Hi Diego,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing sound on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better:

• When exactly does the sound crashes?
    • Is this issue with sound confined to any specific audio files/ from website videos?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 3: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

You may also refer to the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Sound service stopped working

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Sound service stopped working

1. Sound service stopped working - Similar Threads - Sound service stopped

2. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  3. Sound service stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound service stopped working: Hi, my nephew had messed with my laptop and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio terminal creation service has stopped and won't start, I tried restarting my laptop but that didn't work, is there is a way to get it going again....
  4. Sound service stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound service stopped working: Hi, my nephew had messed with my laptop and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio terminal creation service has stopped and won't start, I tried restarting my laptop but that didn't work, is there is a way to get it going again....
  5. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: Split from this thread. <edited by VM>I need your help, please. A few weeks ago my sound card stopped working after a Windows 10 update. In fact, we had a power outage while installing the update and the computer shut down. The update continued without a problem when I turned...
  6. sound stopped working!

sound stopped working!: Hello, The sound icon is start bar is showing a red "x" next to it. I could not turn the sound on from the settings. Troubleshooting did not help. I tried headphones and shutting own computer but did not work either. Please Help! Thanks, Nouf...
  7. sound service stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound service stopped working: hello, someone had messed with my computer and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio endpoint builder service has stopped and does not start, I've tried to restart my computer but that didn't work, is there a way to start it up again....
  8. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  9. Sound stopped working.

Sound stopped working.: Sound stopped working after most recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/2adeb478-0fe7-4d89-9be4-671eb8302913
  10. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43