Windows 10: Sound settings, can't get my preferred one

Discus and support Sound settings, can't get my preferred one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello: WIN 10 on Dell desktop; in sound settings, I prefer the "notify.wav" sound for (Outlook) my New Mail. No matter how I try to save it, it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steven F 603, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Sound settings, can't get my preferred one

Hello: WIN 10 on Dell desktop; in sound settings, I prefer the "notify.wav" sound for (Outlook) my New Mail. No matter how I try to save it, it goes back to default sound. I tried saving a new Sound Scheme with "notify.wav", tried Windows default & Windows Default modified, never saves my "notify.wav". What am I doing wrong, what should I do right? Thanks!

Steve in Sac.

:)

Steven F 603, Dec 14, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound settings, can't get my preferred one :p

cadaveca, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Sound settings, can't get my preferred one

Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound settings, can't get my preferred one

1. Sound settings, can't get my preferred one - Similar Threads - Sound settings can't

2. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  3. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  4. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. It's getting frustratin, Simple Storage preference settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's getting frustratin, Simple Storage preference settings: I bought recently the Game Pass thinking XBOX STORE was to the very least user friendly, and no. As simple as it gets I got asked 1 once, once and only once WHERE i want to install the stupid apps, whos weight is more of my first drive. And now I can't instal where the F i...
  6. It's getting frustratin, Simple Storage preference settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's getting frustratin, Simple Storage preference settings: I bought recently the Game Pass thinking XBOX STORE was to the very least user friendly, and no. As simple as it gets I got asked 1 once, once and only once WHERE i want to install the stupid apps, whos weight is more of my first drive. And now I can't instal where the F i...
  7. Not saving sound preferences

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not saving sound preferences: Hi, I change discord sounds in: Settings>System>Sound>App Volume Device Preferences. Everytime I start up my computer the discord sound is at 100 and that is way to loud for me, I usually keep it at 10-15 but 100 is loud enough to hear yourself through my microphone. Every...
  8. Printer Preferences settings not getting saved

Printer Preferences settings not getting saved: Windows 10 does not save the printer settings aw well as the settings in the 'preferences'. In 'preferences' there is another two settings, 'Default setting' and 'current setting'. If I click on 'current setting' and 'apply' it, after the print-out is done it again goes back...
  9. setting language preferences

setting language preferences: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  10. Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another: Greetings Helpful Board, Y'all are awesome. Helped me in so many turns and twists along my 2.3 year journey from Mac to PC. I'd be dead in the water without you. I just Googled the following question but got nowhere. My wife has two programs on a PC. A CAD program and Adobe...