Windows 10: Sound Settings change after update

Discus and support Sound Settings change after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings? Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlondeAlert, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Sound Settings change after update

Why is it nearly every time Windows 10 updates it changes previously set sound settings?

Also on the last update it totally wiped all my music out of windows media player and it will not retrieve it anymore.

:)

BlondeAlert, Nov 19, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Settings change after update :p

cadaveca, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    How to change "sound control panel" settings in Windows 10

Hi,

If the sound format settings goes back to cd quality after restart, we suggest you check if sound enhancement is enabled. Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience. To disable the enhancements, simply follow
    the steps provided below:

• Click Start.
    • Type Sound in the Start search box and click Sound from the available options.
    • On the Playback tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.
    • Click the Enhancements tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.
    • Then follow the steps by Vanessa Yar to change the sound format, Click on Apply then Ok.

We also suggest you update the driver of your audio. Generally speaking, updated drivers deliver better functionality and improved performance. For the most part, you certainly want to upgrade your drivers unless you have a very specific reason for not wanting
    to do so. To perform the task, simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this

link

If you require any further information, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Sound Settings change after update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Sound Settings change after update

1. Sound Settings change after update - Similar Threads - Sound Settings change

2. After windows update regional settings are changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After windows update regional settings are changed: HelloAm I the only one or there are others also who noticed this problem. Yesterday the computer was working normal and this morning when started some regional/keyboard settings are changed and the things that worked yesterday do not work this morning due to update last...
  3. Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update: I looked at my API Log after the 20H2 update, and I noticed something unusual with regard to device migration.cmd: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe /autoclean /d C: set: Searching for not-recently detected devices that may be removed from the system. set: Devices will be...
  4. Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configuration Settings Changed After 20H2 Update: I looked at my API Log after the 20H2 update, and I noticed something unusual with regard to device migration.cmd: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cleanmgr.exe /autoclean /d C: set: Searching for not-recently detected devices that may be removed from the system. set: Devices will be...
  5. STOP CHANGING THE SOUND SETTINGS!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP CHANGING THE SOUND SETTINGS!!!!: Microsoft stop changing the sound settings with your security patches!!!!!!!!! You are creating an absolute nightmare for people in the broadcast and AV business. For the last 2 - 3 months almost every time Windows performs security updates the sample rate, bit rate, and...
  6. Folder settings changed after 1909 update

Folder settings changed after 1909 update: So i've finally updated to 1909 from 1809 and i used to folder view settings backup tool on this website however when i go to restore the settings nothing changes. Example my downloads folder remained group. Other folders that were full of pictures stay in detailed mode...
  7. Sound settings reset after Window Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound settings reset after Window Update: Windows updated today and reset a sound setting I had configured a while back which allowed me to listen to my stereo mix and pipe it to my bluetooth speaker. I need this for a program I use which analyses the audio as it goes through the stereo mix. I'm not seeing the option...
  8. Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates keep changing my sound settings: I recently updated my windows 10, and the past two updates have wreaked havoc on my sound settings. The first update where this happened was a while back, I updated windows and Realtek HD disabled all my Aux ports. Not sure why, but I had to google how to find the GUI and...
  9. Windows Sound settings change after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sound settings change after restart: Hello, I have had my PC for 3 days now and every time I boot my pc the sound changes from 5.1 audio to surround, it really annoys me because surround sounds tinny with my headphones. It would be nice if someone tells me how to fix it :) Thanks in advance. [ATTACH]...
  10. pc settings change after every update

pc settings change after every update: why do i have to change all my settings after every single update? i have apps and programs opening on start up that i have previously stopped, my screen resolution always changes among loads of other things. its like i need to make a list of everything i change so i can...