Windows 10: Sound Settings Crash

Discus and support Sound Settings Crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been having no sound for the past few days and whenever i try to open the sound section in settings, it immediately crashes. Any fixes?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GoochMongrel, May 7, 2020.

1. Sound Settings Crash

I have been having no sound for the past few days and whenever i try to open the sound section in settings, it immediately crashes. Any fixes?

:)

GoochMongrel, May 7, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 7, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Settings Crash :p

cadaveca, May 7, 2020
  4. Sound Settings Crash

sound crashes on windows 10

Hi Diego,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing sound on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better:

• When exactly does the sound crashes?
    • Is this issue with sound confined to any specific audio files/ from website videos?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Step 3: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

You may also refer to the following Microsoft Help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Sound Settings Crash

1. Sound Settings Crash - Similar Threads - Sound Settings Crash

2. Sound settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound settings: So Recently i used audacity but when i used it i need to change some sound settings in sound control panel and it worked but when i hoped in a video call with my big brother my mic wasnt working i tried fixing my sound settings back to normal but i cant remember.So i tried to...
  3. Sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings: So Recently i used audacity but when i used it i need to change some sound settings in sound control panel and it worked but when i hoped in a video call with my big brother my mic wasnt working i tried fixing my sound settings back to normal but i cant remember.So i tried to...
  4. Sound settings

Sound settings: ok first of all my headset is recognized as a speaker. I tried plugging green to green and ping to ping at the front of my pc but then the mic quality was really bad so i had to plug it in the back. i am now trying to set up my sound quality to be as good as possible using...
  5. Sound Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Settings: What's a quick way of getting to Sound Settings from the desktop using keyboard shortcuts please ? Is it possible to use one shortcut ? Win + I, I'm aware of. Thanks. 177149
  6. Sound Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound Setting: When I play a certain game I loaded on to my laptop I get the same message: Sound has been turned off via an INI setting. No sound will play during this session. Does anyone know how to find this file and get the sound back on the game?...
  7. Sound settings

Sound settings: A recent update (1903 I think?) absolutely **** my sound settings. I used to be able to easily change the default audio output between my headset and speakers but with the recent update I cannot switch audio to my speakers. Please help me thank you....
  8. Sounds Setting

Sounds Setting: Why does my headset is shown as speaker? While my speaker is as shown as headset. I am quite confused. Is there any way I can fix it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sounds-setting/ec7e6a2e-34dd-458f-aad6-3dce4fc32f3e
  9. Sound settings

Sound settings: I am trying to connect my bluetooth headset in the computer. But it says "unplugged" how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings/ce5194f8-69f5-439b-9a51-dbae42ed6261
  10. Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings"

Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings": I just had a problem with my microphone on my headphones that whenever I try to use my mic, the sound cuts out. Now, I am having a problem in settings. I connect my headphones to my computer and they work fine. When I go into the "Sound settings," the sound completely cuts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crash when I chsnge volume setting

2. settings crashing when opening sound