Windows 10: sound settings revert to defaults

Discus and support sound settings revert to defaults in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BATManPhln, Nov 8, 2015.

1. sound settings revert to defaults

I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad

:)

BATManPhln, Nov 8, 2015

2. My Samsung Focus lock sound changed automatically

today I realized that the lock sound has changed by itself. The default lock sound is like water drop sound. The unlock sound has remained the same but the lock sound changed to something else. Please help me and tell me how to revert it back to default.
    (I also check ringtones and sounds in settings but no option for customizing the lock screen sound)

Vala Zadeh, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Alert sound in "Alarms & Clock" always reverts to default sound and ignores my choice. Windows Phone 10

When I edit an alarm and choose and change the sound, the chosen sound does not play. It reverts back to the default sound.

TedAnderson, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

sound settings revert to defaults

1. sound settings revert to defaults - Similar Threads - sound settings revert

2. Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundcard drivers keep reverting to default: I use a Soundblaster Audigy soundcard for streaming to my own online radio station but since upgrading to windows 10 Pro from version 7 I have to keep re-installing the sound drivers for my SAM Broadcaster to pick up the microphone correctly every single time after I...
  3. Cannot revert to default location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot revert to default location: Hello everyone, I changed desktop location on D disk, and now I cannot revert it to default. I became this message. Can someone help me please? C[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-revert-to-default-location/d9e553e4-29b4-4895-b0e5-21ccc8aabb31"
  4. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  5. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  6. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...
  7. Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps reverting my default apps to Windows default: Hi! After latest update, Windows keeps reverting my apps to default. For example, my default music app/program is Winamp, and after a while I'll just find that it is Groove music again. It is not a huge problem, but you see how it can be irritating. Also, Windows 10 won't...
  8. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...
  9. Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Only Text Size settings revert to default at each login: Hello. I know how to use 'Change Only the Text Size' (in the Control Panel's Display applet) to make certain elements larger and/or bolder, and this works fine on one of my 2 PCs. But on the other, the setting lasts only for the current session. At each reboot they're all...
  10. Indexing Options keeps reverting to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options keeps reverting to default: Hi all, I have been trying to set my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer to index only the Start Menu but not anything else (such as IE Favourites, Documents). I know exactly where all my documents are; the only time I use search is something like, I press the Win key, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 sound settings keep reverting to defaults