Windows 10: Sound settings

Discus and support Sound settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to connect my bluetooth headset in the computer. But it says "unplugged" how do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DenisseJG, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DenisseJG Win User

Sound settings

I am trying to connect my bluetooth headset in the computer. But it says "unplugged" how do I fix it?

:)

DenisseJG, Aug 7, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound settings :p

cadaveca, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 7, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound settings

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Sound settings

1. Sound settings - Similar Threads - Sound settings

2. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  3. Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where has the setting for the dialog box "Sound - Identify Device" migrated to in Windows 11?: I'm looking to manually change what my laptop treats the device plugged into the audio jack as. I want to do the same thing that is described in the link below, but the setting has migrated somewhere in Windows 11 and I can't find...
  4. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  5. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  6. How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.: It's not a big deal but i've an issue regarding windows start up window logon sound, i have checked in personalize settings, checked sounds setting in which i found windows logon missing. there's no windows sounds when logon. current os : Win11all are updated...
  7. How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.

How do i fix windows start up sound, windows logon is missing in sounds settings.: It's not a big deal but i've an issue regarding windows start up window logon sound, i have checked in personalize settings, checked sounds setting in which i found windows logon missing. there's no windows sounds when logon. current os : Win11all are updated...
  8. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  9. Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings

Windows Soundmixer does not save sound settings: Dear Community,I have a problem with my soundmixer. I am someone who enjoys having the windows system sounds to a very low level. Like 5%. while games and other application should be louder 80%-100%. However, the windows system sounds randomly reset to 100%, causing pain in...
  10. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings: Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my headphones in Control panel under the sound devices menu, the menu that appears when I click on my device crashes and soft locks...