Windows 10: Sound shown working but nothing from headphones

Discus and support Sound shown working but nothing from headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a gaming PC, I plug in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I cant hear it in my headphones.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonMoors1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Sound shown working but nothing from headphones

I recently bought a gaming PC, I plug in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I cant hear it in my headphones. I've checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers and reset my pc, nothing seems to workSound shown working but nothing from headphones [​IMG]

:)

JasonMoors1, Nov 12, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Plug in the headphones. Click on the start icon and start type "sound". Open the sound control panel that appears at the top of the list. Do you have an entry in the list of sound devices that looks like it would be for the headphones?

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2019
  3. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Sound shown working but nothing from headphones

no sound in headphones

Hi Mary,

If your headphones stops working in Windows devices, you can try solutions below to fix the problem. The issue can be caused by incorrect sound settings, faulty audio drivers, etc. We suggest that you follow below simple instructions to troubleshoot the
    problem.

• Check if the sound is muted. If it is muted, the headphone won’t have sound.
    • Check the connection. Try unplugging the headphone and firmly plug it back in.
    • Check the port. If you are using a USB headphone, try a different USB port.
    • Try the headphone on another computer. Use your headphone on another computer. If it doesn’t work on that computer, the headphone might be broken. In that case, you need to replace it with a new one.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Sound shown working but nothing from headphones

1. Sound shown working but nothing from headphones - Similar Threads - Sound shown working

2. Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers: I recently bought a gaming PC, I plugged in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I can't hear it in my headphones. I've checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers and reset my pc, nothing seems to work. It is a...
  3. Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers: I recently bought a gaming PC, I plugged in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I can't hear it in my headphones. I've checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers and reset my pc, nothing seems to work. It is a...
  4. Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound shown working but nothing from two pairs of headphones & monitor speakers: I recently bought a gaming PC, I plug in my headphones and no sound. The sound level shows that audio is playing but I can't hear it in my headphones. I've checked for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek drivers and reset my pc, nothing seems to work. It is a custom...
  5. Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything

Sound shown output on headphones in sound panel but I can't hear anything: Hey. When I logged on to my laptop my sound was not working. It shows it as functional and it worked on another device. Any help? I've done everything. Uninstalled the drivers, Updated everything, Restarted, and so much more....
  6. Headphones work when connected but not shown under audio input / output in sound settings

Headphones work when connected but not shown under audio input / output in sound settings: Plugged in a Headset that comes with a Mic into my Laptop and the audio changes from the Laptop speakers to the headset, but there is no new option under audio output or Mic input. Does anyone know why this could be? I have realtek audio drivers pre-installed and the default...
  7. Sound not coming through recognized headphones but works when nothing is plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not coming through recognized headphones but works when nothing is plugged in: I have the issue where if i plug in my headphones, i get the notification asking what I plugged in. Then i get sound for half a second then it cuts out. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones on multiple devices, and it is not an issue with the headphones. I have tried...
  8. No Sound From Headphones

No Sound From Headphones: Having trouble with my audio for my headphones. My PC definitely detects them and makes them default, but no sound comes from them. I can switch to my speakers and the sound work just fine. I've used multiple headphones that I know work so its not the headphones. I have used...
  9. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...