Windows 10: Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings... Both sound sliders... the one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Awsome_Creeper9, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

Recently my sound slider has disappeared, the only way for me to see what my volume is on is by going to my settings...

Both sound sliders... the one that appears on the top left and the one on the taskbar.

:)

Awsome_Creeper9, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Apr 11, 2021
  3. no sound after update to windows 10

Hi,

In most cases, the current drivers for your sound card are not compatible with the latest version of Windows. We suggest in getting the latest driver for your sound card and make sure that the driver is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows
    10. Kindly refer to the links below for the troubleshooting steps that you can use to possibly resolve your concern.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

sound slider

Hello Fred,

The volume sound slider uses the Default Beep sound in Windows 10. If you want to disable this sound, you will no longer get any other sound notifications for events that uses the Default Beep sound.

To disable this sound, please follow the steps below:

1. Press the Start button > type Sound, then press
      Enter.
    2. On the Sounds tab, under Program Events, select the
      Default Beep in the list, set it to None using the drop-down box. Please see the screenshot below:

Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update 3a01c6f6-1ad7-4c02-99ca-1f4003c9efbf?upload=true.png

You can also send a feedback using the Feedback Hub app. Please refer to this
    link

Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update

1. Sound Slider Disappeared after latest Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Sound Slider Disappeared

2. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  3. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  4. Sound issues after latest update

Sound issues after latest update: Just had the update to windows 10 2004, and now my sound keeps going very quiet. I have realtek audio. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and re installing, but still, after a short time the sound goes very quiet again....
  5. Sounds disappeared after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds disappeared after update?: My sound seems to of gone? Done nothing apart from widows update. I have a Logitech speaker connected. Zero sound. Done the usual thing with the mixer and nothing. Disconnected all the speakers and re connected USB. Nothing. What’s happened and what can I do? submitted by...
  6. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  7. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update

Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update: I have a Dell Inspirion 13 laptop. Audio disappeared after latest Windows 10 update, around Nov 10, 2018. I have spent several hours with Dell service and although they have managed to restore the audio twice by rolling things back, reloading drivers etc. etc. (10 hours...
  8. No sound after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...