Windows 10: Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Discus and support Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob Thaddeus Noel L., Jan 31, 2023.

1. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope someone can help me. I have tried everything and everyone else is very unhelpful with these issues.

:)

Jacob Thaddeus Noel L., Jan 31, 2023
  2. Annie909 Win User

Volume Slider suddenly disappeared

Hi There

My volume slider in Windows 10 suddenly disappeared.

Usually I click once on the volume icon on the task bar and the volume slider appears and I can easily adjust the volume.

The volume icon is still appearing on the task bar next to the wifi icon but when I click on it, I have to click twice and instead of the volume slider appearing, (which was there an hour ago), it brings up the volume mixer with the speakers, system sounds
    and google chrome.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this?

thanks - Annie

Annie909, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Martmcd Win User
    No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

ah, you beat me to it

click start, type sounds

select "change system sounds" from the list

check the sound scheme is not set to no sounds.

if it is, select windows default from the dropdown and click apply

the volume slider uses the Default beep

if there is no speaker icon next to it, highlight it and select a sound from the dropdown at the bottom of the window. default is windows background.wav

Martmcd, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

Changing volume using Windows 10 volume slider vs changing volume in media player

Windows 10 volume slider:

This is the main slider which controls overall volume of your PC.

VLC player & Spotify

These and other similar programs volume sliders control itself volume.

Example:

if you decrease volume or mute within media player then you are modifying that specific player sound; Not entire PC. Which means, Those settings won't applied on Windows Notification System OR other media players and they can play sounds.

And if you modify Windows 10 volume like "mute it" then all sounds will be muted. (Including media player, notification and other sounds)

In Short:

• Windows 10: Global settings and will effect all sounds (players, notifications etc)
    • Media Players: Specific player settings

Hope it helps Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls :)

Atlas_Gondal, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

1. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls - Similar Threads - Sound Slider disappeared

2. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  3. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...: I dont know how well to describe this, Ive had this problem since last night. Anyway all of sudden my external and wired headphones Turtle Beach Earforce X12 which I have used perfectly fine they are also pretty newish suddenly stopped working properly. Now sound DOES come...
  4. Headphones Volume no longer controlled via their external volume slider and instead stuck...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider does not affect sound volume at all: I use HP 14s-fq0011au with windows 11 version 22H2 Build 22621.1344The volume slider does not work at all, it will not impact the output sound volume. My work around is by going to volume mixer and use the volume slider for the apps. how to fix this ? I already use the latest...
  6. Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Slider disappeared when changing volume with external volume controls: Hello. I have been using a Logitech G213 to control my volume and to skip songs while listening to music. But now suddenly the popup that happens while doing this has stopped showing up. This has prevented me from skipping through music and has become a hindrance. I hope...
  7. No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound feedback when changing volume with taskbar volume slider: No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider but i can hear the sound feedback when i change the volume from inside sound settings in windows settings , every thing is working fine regarding my sound drivers and settings , i have only this issue...
  8. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  9. Volume Slider suddenly disappeared

Volume Slider suddenly disappeared: Hi There My volume slider in Windows 10 suddenly disappeared. Usually I click once on the volume icon on the task bar and the volume slider appears and I can easily adjust the volume. The volume icon is still appearing on the task bar next to the wifi icon but when I...
  10. No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider: I have tried every adjustment I know and on Google info and still can't solve the problem. I have sound accept on the sound adjustment slider in the task bar. Can anyone point me to the right directions on solving this problem. Thanks...