Windows 10: Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error

Discus and support Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a program not responding error while in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 last Sunday. As it cleared and started responding again, the sound on the radio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuperKev1, Jun 27, 2020.

1. SuperKev1 Win User

Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error

I had a program not responding error while in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 last Sunday. As it cleared and started responding again, the sound on the radio station playing from Winamp changed and went slightly higher pitched. I have a Dell XPS Desktop 8920 PC 64 Bit, a 5.1 Creative sound system and have uninstalled/reinstalled sound drivers several times over the last week since it happened to try to resolve the issue. At times it isn't that noticeable, but at other times you can tell the sound is slightly higher pitched than it was. There are no options to change the pitch manually and even a system reinstall didn't resolve the issue. Has anyone else had this kind of issue and if, so, how did you resolve it?

:)

SuperKev1, Jun 27, 2020

2. System sounds get higher in pitch when woken up from sleep or hibernate. Can you help me please?

This is a really weird bug.

So if I put my computer into sleep or hibernate state and wake it up, the "whole system sound" sounds like 2X faster (higher pitch/key than normal). Like playing 2X faster on Youtube than 1x (normal hearing). From Winamp to Viber/Skype calls, playing games.
    Everything is in higher pitch than normal. Everything is normal from off state to on state.

I'm using Windows 10 Home N, Schiit Modi 2 and Magni 2 stack for audio via USB. Onboard audio is disabled.

Here's the summary of my hardware if it helps:

i7-4790K

Asus Maximus VI Impact

GSkill 16GB Sniper

Crucial M500, Intel 730 480GB

GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC

XFX 550W XTR 80+ Gold

I appreciate your help especially from Windows reps, thanks.

porDIOS_porSANTO, Jun 27, 2020
  3. JoeyPerry Win User
    System sounds get higher in pitch when woken up from sleep or hibernate. Can you help me please?

I have this problem occasionally, and I am using a Schiit Modi 2. The audio sounds higher pitched than it should be. I have 2 sets of speakers, and one is running off my on-board dac. When I switch to that, audio sounds normal. If I unplug the usb to
    the Modi 2 and reconnect it (essentially power cycling) the sound will go back to normal.

I don't know exactly what causes it, but at least maybe this will help you narrow it down. On the Schiit audio site, they suggest using a short (2m or less) usb cable, and watch out for usb ports with power management. If you're connected through usb2,
    try a usb3 port, or vice versa.

Good luck!

JoeyPerry, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error

1. Sound slightly higher pitched than normal after freeze/error - Similar Threads - Sound slightly higher

2. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  3. Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a Notification sounds one high pitch and one low pitch: as of yesterday, ive been getting this notification sound coming from my headphones after downloading a game from the xbox app. ive tried just about every troubleshooting issue i know between killing the power, control panel, Admin CDW scan, troubleshooting audio scan,...
  4. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  5. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  6. System sounds randomly high pitched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  7. My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows is sounding on a lower pitch than usual: I tried with reinstalling Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work.Everything sounds on a lower pitch. I already tried the configuration with the Realtek HD Audio but it didin't work either...
  8. Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Various high-pitched ringing noises after sounds are played: I use my headphones whenever I use my laptop, and the headphones aren't causing this problem (I tried them on my phone and other computers). I have laptop that, for some reason, plays high-pitched ringing after a sound is played (like a video or notification) and the ringing...
  9. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  10. RAM memory idling higher than normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM memory idling higher than normal: So I let my dad use my laptop for work over the weekend. He left open maybe 30 tabs between word, pdf, and chrome; some downloads too. I noticed my RAM memory is now idling at 30%. I read that this is due to cached data? How can I remedy this? submitted by /u/Yintwin...