Windows 10: Sound sluttering , glitching , popping.. And bsod-s

Discus and support Sound sluttering , glitching , popping.. And bsod-s in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , since i have gotten this new laptop few months ago , i installed w10 and had no previous build on it , so i dont know how it would behave on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arsa, Apr 10, 2016.

1. arsa Win User

Sound sluttering , glitching , popping.. And bsod-s

Hello , since i have gotten this new laptop few months ago , i installed w10 and had no previous build on it , so i dont know how it would behave on another os , but my problem is next.

Whenever i play music , (anywhere , youtube , via mp3 player , via a n y t h i n g), or play a movie , i get a normal sound , which is sluttering , popping , or lets say , crackling , each few seconds.

The sound that's occurring reminds of a sound when your computer is low on memory , or something like that , when it cant handle task's so it skips things..
    Task manager says everything is fine , so i have no reason to believe its something like that..

I tried messing with sound drivers , settings , everything , untill today , i ran up on a post that says the networks drivers are probably the issue.
    After disabling all network drivers in device manager , the problem vanished. I tried updating them , but it says they are the latest ones , so i dont know what else to do.
    I am doing a system reinstall soon , but i am 100 % sure it will be the same.

I have seen this error on google pop out so many times its really ridiculous that the guys who made this , cant make a quick update fix ? I am seriously considering going back to windows 7. I am really trying not to rage , only cause i know it wouldnt fix anything..

I am also getting a blue screen of death ocasionally saying 'driver power state failure'.. its driving me insane

Here's a screen of my network and sound drivers..
    Screenshot

Any help is appreciated

:)

2. ativ s, popping sound when playing music

I know it's a little late to reply, but I have this issue, too. It definitely seems to be related to interference from the WiFi radio; if I turn off the WiFi radio completely, it doesn't seem to get the static when I turn on the screen.

So, since it only does it momentarily, one would assume it's the initialization of the WiFi radio that causes the static. But, even when I enabled "Leave the WiFi on when the screen turns off" (or whatever the exact wording is), it still happens when I turn
    on the screen. Odd. And a shame, since I specifically got this device for its MicroSD slot so I could consolidate my music player and phone into one. Windows Phone, you continue to disappoint.

Aaron Firouz, Apr 10, 2016
  3. ativ s, popping sound when playing music

I have tried syncing the songs from PC using the two different apps in Windows 8 (desktop and modern) and using Windows Media Player. I've tried copied all songs and pasting to an SD (allowing the WP8 music app sync the DRM). Same thing happens. Tried soft
    reset, hard reset, same issues. I'm thinking it's a bug of some sort as there are no problems on the PC version of the song. Nothing pops when I play the song on PC. Once it's synced to my ATIV S, it starts making the popping sound.

KevinMelenhorst, Apr 10, 2016
  4. zztemp Win User

Hi

welcome to the forums.
    you should post this in the section: BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Use the data collection tool and upload it. We can then analyze your BSOD's and all the other information that the tool provides us to take a look at.

just going from your text, we can just guess as to what might be the cause. With the data collection tool, we should have a better understanding.

zztemp, Apr 10, 2016
  5. arsa Win User
    Where do i download that tool ?
    How do i use it ?
    Thanks

arsa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound sluttering , glitching , popping.. And bsod-s - Similar Threads - Sound sluttering glitching

2. popping sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  3. popping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  4. sound glitch while streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound glitch while streaming: hello,my friend has a problem with his pc. his pc works really well with games and everything else but when he streams over twitch he always get's soundbuggs in the stream and for himself. it's mostly just when stuff happens like alerts pop up but sometimes it also happens...
  5. sound glitches in MKX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound glitches in MKX: Hi there! I have some weird issue.Only when I play the story mode on Mortal Kombat X, the sound lags, glitches and falls back behind the video. I've tried a lot, but nothing seems to work.. Reinstalling DirectX, restarting audio system in windows, reinstalling the game,...
  6. Sound glitching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound glitching: when I connect my airpods to my laptop and play a video the sound start glitching and its not because of the airpods because they work very good with my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-glitching/c38149c3-3686-4e41-971f-917a9a79431a
  7. Windows + shift + S is glitched

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows + shift + S is glitched: I have no idea why this is happening but whenever i use windows+shift+s it captures like in the first photo if i wait a bit on capture mode and then capture it captures right how do i fix this ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. sound popping

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound popping: Hello, i recently upgraded from a Windows XP operating system to a Dell Optiplex 3040 with Windows 10 Pro. I re-used my old Cambridge Soundworks speakers and bass. I also upgraded to a Dell U3415W monitor a little later. After installing the new monitor, i get audio...
  9. Graphical and sound glitches

in Browsers and Email
    Graphical and sound glitches: Basically my laptop does a bunch of weird graphical gitches on screen, like a few lines out of place or something. But sometimes it will be much worse as in the case of trying to watch a youtube video (see video link). Also when listening to music on headphones the sound...
  10. Graphical and sound glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Graphical and sound glitches: Basically my laptop does a bunch of weird graphical gitches on screen, like a few lines out of place or something. But sometimes it will be much worse as in the case of trying to watch a youtube video (see video link). Also when listening to music on headphones the sound...