Windows 10: Sound Source

Discus and support Sound Source in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have an HP Envy TS 17 Notebook. I've recently started using a USB headset, and had to change the primary device for sound to get them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaggieOlson1, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Sound Source

Hello! I have an HP Envy TS 17 Notebook. I've recently started using a USB headset, and had to change the primary device for sound to get them to work. So now, of course, the computer speakers don't work unless I go to settings and change preferred device. What a pain to just listen to music! Is this the only way to get both sound sources to work? Would external speakers solve this issue, or would I still need to change the desired source for sound?

:)

MaggieOlson1, Jul 13, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Source :p

cadaveca, Jul 13, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Sound Source

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Sound Source

1. Sound Source - Similar Threads - Sound Source

2. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  3. Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications playing "lingering" sound from other closed audio sources?: Started happening about a month ago. Anytime I get sort of Notification, it will also play a small snippet of audio I had played recently, such as from a Youtube video, even when I don't have Youtube open. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio driver, but nothing...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't recognise Fortnite as a sound source.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't recognise Fortnite as a sound source.: For about a month now, I have had no sound on Fortnite. I assumed it was because I got a new headset that didn't work. I only got a different, new headset a few hours ago and realised that it there is still no sound on Fortnite. I have now realised that Windows 11 doesn't...
  5. Windows 11 doesn't recognise Fortnite as a sound source.

Windows 11 doesn't recognise Fortnite as a sound source.: For about a month now, I have had no sound on Fortnite. I assumed it was because I got a new headset that didn't work. I only got a different, new headset a few hours ago and realised that it there is still no sound on Fortnite. I have now realised that Windows 11 doesn't...
  6. Windows 10 sound source switching randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound source switching randomly: My PC has Windows 10 and time to time it starts to switch sound sources randomly, even for disables audio sources. Reboot helps sometimes for some time, but in some cases it start to switch sound source right away.It really can switch source 5 times in a second. In addition,...
  7. How do I create a shortcut that executes multiple tasks at once? Display and sound source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a shortcut that executes multiple tasks at once? Display and sound source...: I'm trying to figure out how I could create a shortcut that could quickly change my display to source #2 and disable my "speakers" aka Realtek Audio, which would default my sound source to my TV speakers, and run a few .exe's. Is there a way to create a shortcut that could...
  8. How do I create a shortcut that executes multiple tasks at once? Display and sound source...

How do I create a shortcut that executes multiple tasks at once? Display and sound source...: I'm trying to figure out how I could create a shortcut that could quickly change my display to source #2 and disable my "speakers" aka Realtek Audio, which would default my sound source to my TV speakers, and run a few .exe's. Is there a way to create a shortcut that could...
  9. How do I create a shortcut that executes multiple tasks at once? Display and sound source...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cannot change sound source while app is open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change sound source while app is open: This started a few months back and is really annoying. I have a Rift S VR headset, and sometimes Windows likes to default to it for sound even if I'm playing a flat game. Normally, I could just switch sound sources to PC speakers and get on with it, but now Windows won't or...