Windows 10: Sound started changing devices while watching a show

Discus and support Sound started changing devices while watching a show in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop that has Win 10 home as the OS. I have a tv connected via HDMI for viewing. Sound is played on tv. Last night while watching a show on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PenguinSpeaks, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Sound started changing devices while watching a show

I have a laptop that has Win 10 home as the OS. I have a tv connected via HDMI for viewing. Sound is played on tv.

Last night while watching a show on Hulu, the laptop started playing the commercials through the laptop internal speakers, but the show itself played through the tv as normal.

What would cause the commercials to play on a different device??

Could this be a Hulu or browser issue??

:)

PenguinSpeaks, Aug 6, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound started changing devices while watching a show :p

cadaveca, Aug 6, 2020
  3. start up sound not changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The option to change the sound for Windows Logon and Logoff is ideally hidden from the list in Sound Options by default.

However, although not recommended, if you want the option for customization, you can make couple of changes in the registry to enable the option.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

Step 1

Registry modification

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

1. Open the run command, type in regedit and hit
      Enter.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/AppEvents/EventLabels/WindowsLogon.
    3. Open the WindowsLogon folder.
    4. Double click on ExcludefromCPL key.
    5. Change the value from 1 to 0. Click on OK

Step 2

1. Open the Control Panel > Sound > Click on
      Sound tab.
    2. Scroll down and select Windows Logon Entry.
    3. Click Browse to search your computer for a replacement sound.
    4. Shut down the device.
    5. Restart the device and check the status of the issue.

Please keep us updated about the status of the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Sound started changing devices while watching a show

roku television started hearing typing sound while watching hulu

Hi Etcgl,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are using Roku to mirror windows based device on TV, then follow these steps:

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Sound.
    4. Click on Playback > check the particular device you are using.
    5. Right click on the device, disable and enable it again.
    If that doesn’t work,
    I would suggest you to contact Roku support, as the issue is related to Roku.
    Please refer the Roku support.

For information about protection on Windows 10, you can refer this Microsoft

article

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Sound started changing devices while watching a show

1. Sound started changing devices while watching a show - Similar Threads - Sound started changing

2. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  3. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  4. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Color saturation changes intermittently while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color saturation changes intermittently while watching videos: Hello!I've been using my computer to watch videos on YouTube in Chrome, but every so often all the colors on the screen will become extremely oversaturated for a couple seconds, while the video remains completely unaffected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason...
  6. Color saturation changes intermittently while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color saturation changes intermittently while watching videos: Hello!I've been using my computer to watch videos on YouTube in Chrome, but every so often all the colors on the screen will become extremely oversaturated for a couple seconds, while the video remains completely unaffected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason...
  7. Video and sound hang for a split second while watching videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video and sound hang for a split second while watching videos: I first noticed it on youtube but it also happens with Amazon and Netflix: While watching a video, sometimes the video freezes for a split second (even when there's already more of it buffered), then continues as normal. The sound also hangs for a split second and a weird...
  8. BSOD while watching shows or youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching shows or youtube videos: Hello, I'm working on my mothers laptop and it's having an issue where it'll freeze and have this buzzing sound and eventually will BSOD. it's a fairly new laptop. less than a year old. HP notebook- da1005dx Would love to get this sorted out as it's pretty frustrating to...
  9. Laptop freezes with buzzing sound while watching movies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes with buzzing sound while watching movies: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 310 15ISK, with intel core i3 6006u processor, 1TB Toshiba hard drive, Nvidia Geforce 920MX 2GB dedicated and 4 GB of RAM. My laptop freezed two times while watching movies on it. It doesn't happen continuously, and at first I took it for...
  10. roku television started hearing typing sound while watching hulu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    roku television started hearing typing sound while watching hulu: While watching hulu on a roku television started to hear loud typing , can roku television be hacked. When heard it , shut down television and disconnected everything for 10 minutes. So far nothing yet but is there any protection to get for a television from Norton or...