Windows 10: Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update????

Discus and support Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update???? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sound stopped working on sonic studio virtual mixer after windows update? like whattt?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rico1999, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Rico1999 Win User

Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update????

sound stopped working on sonic studio virtual mixer after windows update? like whattt?

:)

Rico1999, Nov 17, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

Sound works on computer but stopped working in speakers

*Thumbs

AndreTen, Nov 17, 2020
  3. margaretm Win User
    Sound works on computer but stopped working in speakers

It's a desktop and I tried the suggestion to connect the speakers to the front - same result, sound still came from the computer.

Edit: I installed that driver and sound is still coming from computer. I checked to make sure it's set as default.

- - - Updated - - -

I got it! Somehow, after installing those drivers, it transferred it from the blue plug in (to plug the speakers in) to the yellow outlet or whatever it's called (on the back of the computer). I don't know why, as it's always been blue, and I tried the yellow and pink days ago and they didn't work. Weird, but at least it's solved. Thank you ever so much.

margaretm, Nov 17, 2020
  4. asus2016 Win User

Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop

Okay, some comments and questions:

1. Where in the Update History do I look (is this Windows Update?)
    2. What is that "that" about which you're asking if I have it reinstalled again?
    3. No yellow triangles in DM
    4. Troubleshooter was useless. It told me that the speakers were disconnected. And once when I had updated a driver, it told me I needed to reboot.
    5. I did read up on the Kyhi boot ISO you mentioned. Apologies, but what do I then do - boot from it and it tests all the peripherals including sound?

Thanks.

asus2016, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update???? - Similar Threads - Sound stopped working

2. Windowns not updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowns not updating: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80240439...
  3. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  4. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  5. speaker stopped working, not any small sounds or buzz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speaker stopped working, not any small sounds or buzz: I shut down my PC last night after playing. The sound was working fine by then. I turned it in this morning and there is no sounds, I check the settings and it shows that there is sound playing but cannot here anything. Troubleshooter won't help as well....
  6. speaker stopped working, not any small sounds or buzz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker stopped working, not any small sounds or buzz: I shut down my PC last night after playing. The sound was working fine by then. I turned it in this morning and there is no sounds, I check the settings and it shows that there is sound playing but cannot here anything. Troubleshooter won't help as well....
  7. No sound from speakers after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from speakers after update: I have no sound from my speakers after updates. How do I fix this?I have tried the speakers on a different computer and they work. I have also tried another known good set of speakers on this computer and they do not work....
  8. Sound from speakers stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound from speakers stopped working: So sound on my computer has been working fine for as long as I’ve had it. I had an old ext-4 hard drive that I wanted to get at, and for the first time in years made an Ubuntu boot stick. Booted into Ubuntu to access hard drive, then went back to Windows. Now sound is dead...
  9. windown update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windown update: Hello, I have access to Windown update is not updated as in the picture below [IMG] I then entered the win January 5/2020 on Microsoft but when installed then error message as following screenshot [IMG] People only help me fix it. I thank....
  10. Sound stopped working after Creative Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound stopped working after Creative Update: Hello, I have Windows 10 on my HP TouchSmart Envy, and after updating to the creative update, the sound doesn't work. I am not hearing anything from my speakers. I am not seeing the sound visual up when I am looking at the Volume Mixer. I have the latest drivers for my AMD...