Windows 10: Sound stopped working

Discus and support Sound stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimminos, Nov 11, 2018.

1. kimminos Win User

Sound stopped working

The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight.

Can anyone please assist , Thank you

:)

kimminos, Nov 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound stopped working :p

cadaveca, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Sound stopped working

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Sound stopped working

1. Sound stopped working - Similar Threads - Sound stopped working

2. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  3. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  4. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. TV sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    TV sound stopped working: I was watching youtube on my TV and randomly my sound stopped working. I checked my audio settings but nothing changed. I troubleshooted my audio but that didn't work so i had to switch over to my headset and sit at my desk which is not as comfortable. Can someone please help...
  6. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: Split from this thread. <edited by VM>I need your help, please. A few weeks ago my sound card stopped working after a Windows 10 update. In fact, we had a power outage while installing the update and the computer shut down. The update continued without a problem when I turned...
  7. Sound stopped working on Surface

Sound stopped working on Surface: Hi to all, Sound suddenly stopped working after in-place upgrade on Surface device. I have tried everything that I thought to be of relevance in this case, including: Resetting to defaults using cloud-based install/reset of Windows 10 Uninstalling the driver manually...
  8. sound stopped working!

sound stopped working!: Hello, The sound icon is start bar is showing a red "x" next to it. I could not turn the sound on from the settings. Troubleshooting did not help. I tried headphones and shutting own computer but did not work either. Please Help! Thanks, Nouf...
  9. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  10. Sound stopped working.

Sound stopped working.: Sound stopped working after most recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/2adeb478-0fe7-4d89-9be4-671eb8302913