Windows 10: Sound stops working after a few minutes

Discus and support Sound stops working after a few minutes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AkhilJacob, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Sound stops working after a few minutes

Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i turn my laptop on, the sound will work for a minute or two and then stop. But if I use bluetooth headphones, it works fine, I am running windows 11. All the drivers "are working properly"Please help.

:)

AkhilJacob, Nov 29, 2021
  2. daygloink Win User

Sound stops working in headphones every 2 minutes

I have a very weird problem. I have my headphones plugged into the jack in the front of my computer. The sound works fine when I first plug them in, then after a couple of minutes, the sound stops working.

Now when I unplug and plug the headphones back in, the sound works again. Then, after a couple minutes the sound stops working again. So I unplug and plug them back in.

This only happens with headphones and I've been able to replicate the issue using different headphones. It does not happen with my speakers.

I went into sound devices and the headphones are still set as the default when the sound stops working. It is very odd.

Why is this happening? If it was the jack then wouldn't the sound just not work at all? I am using Windows 10.

daygloink, Nov 29, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound stops working after a few minutes :p

cadaveca, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Sound stops working after a few minutes

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Sound stops working after a few minutes

1. Sound stops working after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Sound stops working

2. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  3. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  4. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  6. Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling.: My wifi driver stops working every few minutes after reinstalling. Can't connect to the network comes up everytime. I have done everything from updating windows, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, network reset. I install or update the driver, it works for 5 minutes and...
  7. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  8. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  9. WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes: Hello guys, I'm having a problem with windows since a long time and I never found a way to work it out. Basically when I log in to windows, I am immediately connected to the last wifi connection I used (my router). I can browse the internet just fine but then after 2-3...
  10. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping: For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my headset, then it would work just fine again for the next few minutes. In the sound tab I can see my mic picking up audio and then...