Windows 10: sound stops working after leaving computer idle

Discus and support sound stops working after leaving computer idle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so I have a game paused after leaving the computer for a while, then audio for said game stops after I come back, I relaunch the game, the audio is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thatoneunknownspy, Apr 11, 2021.

1. sound stops working after leaving computer idle

so I have a game paused after leaving the computer for a while, then audio for said game stops after I come back, I relaunch the game, the audio is back, any help with this is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/thatoneunknownspy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thatoneunknownspy, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Apr 11, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound stops working after leaving computer idle :p

cadaveca, Apr 11, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

sound stops working after leaving computer idle

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

sound stops working after leaving computer idle

1. sound stops working after leaving computer idle - Similar Threads - sound stops working

2. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  3. Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after sleep and long idle periods.: I have and Asus ROG Strix Laptop specifics are below, the wifi adapter goes dead after sleep or long periods of 'idle'. Idle as in, doing a backup using file history but not actually using to laptop. I have done a clean reinstall of the factory windows and allowed windows to...
  4. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile: Hello! So I have a motherboard that only supports a wired internet connection so I use an Ethernet cable. It works well most of the time, bus occasionally when I leave my computer on for a day or so without using it, the computer just seems to start having difficulties...
  5. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile: Hello! So I have a motherboard that only supports a wired internet connection so I use an Ethernet cable. It works well most of the time, bus occasionally when I leave my computer on for a day or so without using it, the computer just seems to start having difficulties...
  6. Ethernet internet connection not working after leaving my pc idle for awhile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 freezing after leaving it idle for a few minutes: Hello, the freezing started a week ago and happens once a day. I tried the chkdsk command and the command for repairing image in PowerShell. The HDD is set to never turn off. System SSD and HDD for games are both fine. Do you have any suggestions? Edit: took a look in event...
  9. Java is Crashing After Leaving the application idle for sometime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Java is Crashing After Leaving the application idle for sometime: Hi, I have created a java application and have used Microsoft cognitive dependency in it. It works fine if the application is kept running if we leave it idle for some time, it crashes. I am attaching the whole error report log for your references. Version=1...
  10. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle: Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a...