Windows 10: Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

Discus and support Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly, usually after I come back to the computer after a break, I find that the sound has stopped working, and is also affecting some related areas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KiraResari, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

Randomly, usually after I come back to the computer after a break, I find that the sound has stopped working, and is also affecting some related areas. This has the following symptoms:

* Winamp can't start a track anymore, and crashes when trying to do so (does not respond)

* System sounds don't work anymore

* VLC can't start videos anymore

* YouTube can't start videos anymore (endless loading)

* Several websites (but not all) can't be loaded altogether. For instance, while this error is in effect, I can still search on bing for solutions about the error, but when I try to load the microsoft page result about it (such as this one), it just loads endlessly

* Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

* When trying to restart the computer, it first tries to shut down for several minutes during which the screen will already be blank but the fan is still running, then shuts down completely without restarting.

I first observed this error on my home PC after coming back from a world trip at the end of March, and it has persisted since then, albeit not consistently. Most notably, it did not occur once all through May. Here's the dates when this error happened to me:

* 31-Mar-2019
    * 01-Apr-2019
    * 02-Apr-2019
    * 17-Apr-2019
    * 06-Jun-2019

I am using Windows 10. My sound driver appears to be Realtek High Definition Audio. I have already tried updating it, but it says it's up to date.

Interestingly, I have a program called HitFilmExpress, and the sound in that program and that program alone usually works even when this bug is in effect.

I'd be grateful about any help in resolving this.

Sincerely,

Kira Resari

:)

KiraResari, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Beso hp Win User

Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

Beso hp, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Chrhun Win User
    Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

I have an issue with the sound going missing after the computer has been in the sleep state. All the audio devices seem fine, but no sound is coming out of the speakers or headphones. The solution to this seems to be restarting the Windows Audio Service,
    audiosrv. It is running fine the services list, but just right clicking and restarting does the tricks. However, this happens on a daily basis and it's not very convenient to have to restart the service every time.

The computer is a new one, with an Asus motherboard and ALC877 sound chip, with the latest Asus supplied Realtek drivers installed. I've tried other versions of the drivers too, but to no avail.

Chrhun, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

Audiosrv needs to be restarted after a period.

Hello community I have as puzzle for you guys that I don't have the answer to!

This problem appeared after updating from W 8.1 to W 10.

The problem:

After using the PC for about 30 minutes maximum, the audisrv is crashing/stopping and then when I get back the sound for an temporarily fix. I have to reset my programs to get the sound back.

Temporarily fix:

Open CMD in admin. Type; net stop audiosrv then net start audiosrv .

Now after the quick fix, this will hold out for about 30 min. Then I have to do it again.

I have tried to go on device manager and scanned for hardware changes and updated every sound and device that I found. But still no success.

Please I would appreciate all help!

Regards

Nikolai

Nikolai Kjørstad, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053)

1. Sound stops working ~ Audiosrv can't be restarted (Error 1053) - Similar Threads - Sound stops working

2. Windows update error 1053

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error 1053: I can't start windows update and therefore no windows update. Error 1053 The service did not respond to the start or control request in the expected time. I am following the guide of other users, I downloaded the Farbar recovery program and I am sharing my log files with...
  3. 0x80004002 and error 1053

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80004002 and error 1053: Hi,I can't download anything from the microsoft store and I can't download any updates for windows. Every methodi have tried with services keeps bringing up error 1053.Please can someone help me fix this?...
  4. 0x80004002 and error 1053

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80004002 and error 1053: Hi,I can't download anything from the microsoft store and I can't download any updates for windows. Every methodi have tried with services keeps bringing up error 1053.Please can someone help me fix this?...
  5. Can't start a service due to Error 1053

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't start a service due to Error 1053: Rockstar Games Launcher wouldn't start anymore, even after multiple reinstallations, so I decided to manually start the associated service (RockstarService.exe) from Services console. However, the service won't start and this error message appears: Error 1053: The service did...
  6. why is audiosrv stopped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is audiosrv stopped: i tried to start it but it shutted down after i started it and i did it again and then the same problem happend, so i looked in the internet for some solutions and found how to start it by the net start audiosrv in cmd but it said system error 5. it just happpend to me today...
  7. Windows Audiosrv not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audiosrv not working: Since the last cumulative Update KB4524570 mei Razer Blade has stopped playing audio, after some searching I found out my Windows Audio Service isn't running, and I can't start it manually, I always get the error: 'Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local...
  8. Audiosrv can’t be restarted (Error 1053).

Audiosrv can’t be restarted (Error 1053).: Randomly, usually after I come back to the computer after a break, I find that the sound has stopped working, and is also affecting some related areas. This has the following symptoms: * Winamp can't start a track anymore, and crashes when trying to do so (does not respond)...
  9. Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back

Windows 10 / sound missing, restarting audiosrv brings the audio back: I have an issue with the sound going missing after the computer has been in the sleep state. All the audio devices seem fine, but no sound is coming out of the speakers or headphones. The solution to this seems to be restarting the Windows Audio Service, audiosrv. It is...
  10. sound stopped working, can't reset

sound stopped working, can't reset: My sound stopped working, tried updating drivers but won't come back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working-cant-reset/c6a70c2d-9683-4da9-b795-68a1eb9e28e8