Windows 10: Sound stops working in browser (Chrome and Edge) but I can hear sound when adjusting main...

Discus and support Sound stops working in browser (Chrome and Edge) but I can hear sound when adjusting main... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a home-made computer running Windows 10 Home (10.0.17763 Build 17763): Gigabyte Technology, AB350M-DS3H-CF (Motherboard) AMD Ryzen 3 2200G... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Iandawg, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Iandawg Win User

Sound stops working in browser (Chrome and Edge) but I can hear sound when adjusting main...

I have a home-made computer running Windows 10 Home (10.0.17763 Build 17763):

• Gigabyte Technology, AB350M-DS3H-CF (Motherboard)
    • AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Processor)
    • Radeon RX 580 Series (Video Card)
    • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (USB Sound)
    • LG 29UM60-P (Monitor)
    • 8 GB RAM

Any time the system goes into sleep mode, this problem occurs - No sound playback on either headphone (connected to LG monitor) nor from the Focusrite Scarlett USB (JBL speakers) from the browser or other apps, but I DO get the chime playback when I change the volume from the taskbar (Select Playback Device).

When I inspect the device manager, I have a bunch of garbage:

• Sound, video and game controllers
      • AMD High Definition Audio Device
      • AMD High Definition Audio Device
      • Focusrite USB Audio
      • Realtek High Definition Audio
      • HD Pro Webcam C920
      • Arturia MINILAB

These devices don't match the list of playback devices from the sound settings in taskbar:

• 4 - LG ULTRAWIDE (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
    • Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio)
    • Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

If I restart the computer, it resolves the issue. I've installed the following drivers/software manually:

Focusrite USB ASIO 4.36.5

The rest I've left to Windows Update.

:)

Iandawg, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

sound issues on Edge

Hi Sandra,

There are various reasons why you may not hear sound in Edge properly. It can be due to wrong configuration sound settings or outdated drivers. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you tried adjusting the volume settings?
    • Have you done recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using other browser and see if you can't still hear sound?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

We're looking for your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Sound not working correctly

Today my sound stopped working correctly. I hear sound on only one side (I am using headphone). I have tried all the suggestions listed including uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I still only get sound on one side.

BenDaggett, Mar 19, 2019
  4. AFTommy Win User

Sound stops working in browser (Chrome and Edge) but I can hear sound when adjusting main...

No sound on Edge Browser

Tried all of those fixes. I tried the sound repair function in windows and it worked till a reboot. Keep in mind my other browsers work fine. "EDGE" is the only one with the sound problem.

AFTommy, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound stops working in browser (Chrome and Edge) but I can hear sound when adjusting main... - Similar Threads - Sound stops working

2. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound on Edge and Chrome: Videos and Audios don't give out sounds on both edge and chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-edge-and-chrome/edad739f-fea0-4c8b-8b33-fa6c249f4373
  3. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound on Edge and Chrome: Videos and Audios don't give out sounds on both edge and chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-edge-and-chrome/edad739f-fea0-4c8b-8b33-fa6c249f4373
  4. No Sound on Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  6. Sound in Chrome Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound in Chrome Stops Working: Hello,I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue, or a Windows issue with Chrome. The problem I'm having is weird. Audio in Chrome will work, and then stop. As an example: If I go to YouTube and pick a video from the home page ONLY and play it, the audio will work just fine....
  7. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  8. Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.

Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.: So after I recently reset my computer, my mic now does not work. The mic works on all 3 of my other computers, my phone and both xbox ones. I have scoured the internet and done every single idea to try to fix this issue to no avail. Please help me. I am also a streamer so...
  9. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...
  10. No sound on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    No sound on Edge Browser: Hi All And Happy New Year, Since the update before the most recent I have no sound on any video played on "Edge". YouTube or news and sports videos from all sites play without sound. I have tried everything except the thing that will fix this. Its not an emergency since I...