Windows 10: Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020

Discus and support Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, About a month ago, I purchased a 2020 HP Pavilion Laptop. While using Firefox and occasionally other programs, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MasonDE, Feb 16, 2021.

1. MasonDE Win User

Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020

Hi Microsoft Community,

About a month ago, I purchased a 2020 HP Pavilion Laptop. While using Firefox and occasionally other programs, the system audio periodically drops with no system acknowledgment drivers don't know the sound dropped. This means that sound will not play in any application on the PC. The system also won't play test sounds through Control Panel The moment I close all windows in Firefox or the offending program, the audio to my system returns. After a reboot, the audio always returns.

It's like that application is "holding on" to the audio because once I close the program, the speakers work again. Any chance this is a common issue?Does anyone know why my computer's sound unexpectedly drops from time to time?

:)

MasonDE, Feb 16, 2021

2. HP Pavilion sound

Hi I have an HP pavilion laptop and the sound is very poor so much that I can hardly hear it would it help if I got a pair of external speakers and it it will any ideas on medium good ones.

cookiemonster, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Jimmyb Win User
    HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Jaffakeik Win User

New HP Pavilion laptop

Its a Virgin media superhub I got,And no other devices in household had ever problems with connection,only that new laptop(I did buy wifi adapter,because I couldnt solve the problem myself and it works perfect.
    HP pavilion 17
    Product number: J5B89EA#ABU
    Serial number: 5CD4246P34
    it uses broadcom wifi adapter
    If it helps will be greatful to hear from u any advices.

Jaffakeik, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound Stops Working on HP Pavilion Laptop 2020 - Similar Threads - Sound Stops Working

2. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  3. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  4. HP Pavilion 15-dw i3 10th gen laptop sound and audio jack stopped working

HP Pavilion 15-dw i3 10th gen laptop sound and audio jack stopped working: I had to take the laptop apart for something and when I put it back together I noticed that the sound was gone along with the audio jack. The computer doesn't recognize either that they're plugged in, like they don't exist so the advice to unmute them, turn them up doesn't...
  5. no sound on my HP Pavilion

no sound on my HP Pavilion: Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C84BE&REV_1000\4&1780af5&0&0001 requires further installation. How do i fix this so I can have sound on my HP Pavilion ?...
  6. no sound on my HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound on my HP Pavilion: Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C84BE&REV_1000\4&1780af5&0&0001 requires further installation. How do i fix this so I can have sound on my HP Pavilion ?...
  7. no sound on my HP Pavilion

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working: Hi, I have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It has Windows 10 installed. I am facing issue with my web cam. It was working fine until some days ago, but yesterday when I tried it. It wasn't working. It does not show any display, just blank screen. When I try to click a photo or...
  9. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1
  10. HP pavilion No Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP pavilion No Sound Problem: Hello I'm here because there is no sound coming from my laptop. I just got this laptop a few weeks ago and everything was great but suddenly one day there was no more sound. I've looked into it to see if anything was muted or if it was disabled, no. Everything is how it...