Windows 10: Sound stops working on Windows 10

Discus and support Sound stops working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10, version 1803 Last update was KB4100347 I have a sound problem. It just stops working (twice now in four days), not sure what's wrong or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TinaDubinsky, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sound stops working on Windows 10

Windows 10, version 1803

Last update was KB4100347

I have a sound problem. It just stops working (twice now in four days), not sure what's wrong or how to work through it.

When I look in drivers, it says they're up-to-date and that they're working.

However, deleting the driver and rebooting, temporarily fixes the issue for a few days.

Any suggestions on how to find out what's causing my sound to stop working?

Cheers,

Tina

:)

TinaDubinsky, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2018
  4. RadeRad Win User

Sound stops working on Windows 10

Windows 10 - Sound stopped working after KB3093266 patch install.

Hello,

Let me prefix this with - I genuinely like Windows 10.

I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade came available in mid-Summer, but after Cumulative patch KB3093266 was installed on 10/1/2015, my speakers stopped working following the reboot.

• My PC is a Mac MINI, Win10 is on a Boot Camp partition, and has been functional for quite some time.
      • I like the small form-factor of the hardware / hate the Mac OS.
      • The underlying Mac OS is up to date on patches.
    • The speakers are USB-powered
      • When I boot on OS-X, the speakers work fine.
      • When I boot on Windows 10, no sound (though there is an occasional blip of static if I unplug / plug in the speakers - meaning the speakers are getting the USB power just fine)
    • I backed out the security patch, rebooted, the sound did not recover (community recommendation).
    • I modified the memory size, the sound did not recover (community recommendation).
    • I disabled / uninstalled the sound drivers for my speakers and re-enabled / downloaded fresh drivers, no recovery (community recommendation).
    • I have been trying to create a new system backup, but interestingly, that has also stopped working.
    There are over 10 pages of blogs on this community related to sound problems; many related to post Win10 upgrades and/or laptops. One or two are similar (I followed the problem determination steps in each to no avail).

It's as if there is some disconnect between what is generating the sound and what is playing the sound.

The final option is a complete restore of this partition, but then I will lose the applications I have installed, and that is just a non-starter for me at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have exhausted my Problem Determination skills short of a complete rebuild.

Thank you,

Rade

RadeRad, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Sound stops working on Windows 10

1. Sound stops working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound stops working

2. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  3. Sound stopped working,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stopped working,: My headphones and sound stopped working, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/e20efbe1-a48c-49db-a56d-53e195aa89fb
  4. Sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stopped working: Split from this thread. <edited by VM>I need your help, please. A few weeks ago my sound card stopped working after a Windows 10 update. In fact, we had a power outage while installing the update and the computer shut down. The update continued without a problem when I turned...
  5. Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10

Sound Randomly stops working in Windows 10: Hi there!I have been going through this problem with my PC, Whenever I watch a Video or I am playing a Game, The Audio stops working randomly and I have to either restart my PC or Increase/decrease the Volume to fix it. Even then, The audio works for a few seconds and then...
  6. Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10

Sound Randomly Stops Working on Windows 10: Hello, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 PC. Randomly, the sound stops working, it seem to do it when I go into discord, and go into a voice channel, then no audio outputs work until I restart my PC, what do I do?...
  7. sound stopped working!

sound stopped working!: Hello, The sound icon is start bar is showing a red "x" next to it. I could not turn the sound on from the settings. Troubleshooting did not help. I tried headphones and shutting own computer but did not work either. Please Help! Thanks, Nouf...
  8. Sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound stopped working.: I haven't changed anything to the inputs or whatever. The only change is that an 'asus sound' thing asked me if my speakers were in-line or something else. I just clicked ok and now my speaker sound is gone. it's connected through the little green plug in the back. My headset...
  9. Sound stopped working.

Sound stopped working.: Sound stopped working after most recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/2adeb478-0fe7-4d89-9be4-671eb8302913
  10. Sound stopped working

Sound stopped working: The sound stopped working on windows 10 pc. The volume settings are ok , it just mysteriously disappeared overnight. Can anyone please assist , Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working/a30bb891-8c71-42d3-8a0f-daa29fea1a43

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4100347 sond stops working