Windows 10: Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys

Discus and support Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Folks, Started happening just recently and pretty interesting. I know I am due for a crash when my computer no longer auto-sleeps and my DAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sehnder, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Sehnder Win User

Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys

Hey Folks,

Started happening just recently and pretty interesting. I know I am due for a crash when my computer no longer auto-sleeps and my DAC (basically a USB soundcard to non audiophiles) will no longer output sound. What is interesting is that it does not actually crash unless I unplug the DAC from my USB hub and then plug it back in. Doing so causes an immediate BSOD. As far as I can tell the computer won't crash until I mess with the DAC (but no other option but a restart if I want sound.) Greatly appreciate the help!

:)

Sehnder, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 problem with USB DAC

I have a USB DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that allows me to play music through my speakers.

It has worked fine for a long while but recently it has started to abruptly stop working randomly (over 10 times per day).

I can get it to work again if I:

• Unplug the DAC from usb and immediately replug it in.
    • Disable and them immediately enable the device in the windows "playback devices" window.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia high definition sound drivers
    • Disable USB selective suspend setting (this is a PC not a laptop).
    • Troubleshoot sound problems
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The device is this one:

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2di-desktop-headphone-amplifierdac-3/

It is plug and play and I have never installed drivers for it.

lloydchristmas, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Nokia E71 driver problem

1. Uninstalled PC Suite, reinstalled PC Suite 7.1.18.0. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error.

2. On PC Suite 7.1.18.0.Removed wdf01000.sys. Rebooted. Plugged in E71. No rebuilding of wdf01000.sys. Still has "Nokie E71 USB Phone Parent" error in device manager. After few minutes, went into windows/system32/drivers, no wdf01000.sys!

I give up!

palmy---01, Aug 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Sehnder,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

-Removed-

Please check if there are driver/firmware updates for your DAC.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys [​IMG]

Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys [​IMG]

axe0, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Sehnder Win User
    Thanks a bunch for the initial reply! I wasn't able to update my system spec using the automated tool or manual mode- windows 7 forums/ windows 10 forums are apparently distinct so I couldn't update my profile (even when I switched forums within the tool). I tried to update my forum profile here manually but there is no edit button for some reason. As a workaround, I'll simply post everything below:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    MOBO: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X99-A/USB 3.1
    BIOS: 2001
    Memory: 16.00 GB (15.90 GB Useable)
    HDD: (1) ST3000DM001-1ER166 (2) NVMe Samsung SSD 950
    Sound Card: (1) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (2) HD Webcam C310 (3) Realtek High Definition Audio (4) USB Audio Device (5) NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) (6) FiiO USB DAC-E17
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10586 Multiprocessor Free
    PSU: eVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 Power Supply

I confirmed my DAC software is up to date and I disabled a few of the startup services I no longer need. Display fusion hasn't had any issues since I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was released, but will disable to see if that helps. Let me know if any other insights- thanks!

Sehnder, Aug 3, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Oops, display fusion is a mistake *Redface I thought to read something in the way of driver (updater)

Automatic option is only for Windows 7 forum available, any other forum requires manual. The manual option is available, only there are multiple ways to do it *Smile
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

axe0, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Sehnder Win User
    Thanks, I've updated my profile accordingly. Issue was I was in My Profile rather than User CP. Let me know if anything else I can provide- thanks!

Sehnder, Aug 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Currently I need to know from your side about the problem, if it continues and/or if you notice anything that you think may attribute to the problem *Smile

axe0, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Sehnder Win User
    Just hit another crash again today- same symptoms as before. Not sure what else I can tell you that be attributing- I've experienced the "sound stopping" that means it will crash while browsing the internet, playing games, and while leaving the computer idle, so I can't pinpoint what the issue might be. Since the audio stopping seems to be the catalyst I repaired the drivers there to see if that helps- will also try changing to a the computer audio the next time it happens to see if it still works or if it is all sound that is causing the issue.

Let me know if there is anything else you can think of- afraid I can't think of anything else relevant. And thanks again for the help!

Sehnder, Aug 5, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. Sound Stops Working, Replugging USB DAC Causes BSOD, WDF01000.sys - Similar Threads - Sound Stops Working

2. Wdf01000.sys BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wdf01000.sys BSOD: I was suspicous that my drivers were infected with malware, so I did some research and have read somewhere that verifying the drivers signature can validify on whether or not I have a virus.So I ran Driver Verifier and selected the option 'automatically select all drivers...
  3. BSOD and wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and wdf01000.sys: In short. Recently i get BSOD screen and im on edge of breakdown. There is normal WhoCrashed report when i boot computer without anything. (I included minidump file below) On Mon 05.10.2020 22:28:56 your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  4. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  5. stop code wdf01000.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop code wdf01000.sys: Hi All i have a ROG G20 its working fine until i plug my Logitech wheel in and once it been recognised it comes up with a blue screen and says stop code wdf01000.sys has failed. what is this and how do i fix it? Thamks...
  6. Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?

Random BSODs (wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe) caused by DAC / Foobar2000?: Warmest greetings to any who might be able to provide me a bit of insight. I have a 2016 HP Envy that has given me no problems in the last 14 months that I've owned it. In March I added a new audio DAC (external hardware, USB) to my system and installed and configured...
  7. BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys)

BSOD: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (Wdf01000.sys): Hi all, Having intermittent troubles with BSODs, not sure of the cause, usually happens during general use (Chrome browsing, VLC media player running). Here are the log files - and help would be much appreciated! Attachment 114878 73358
  8. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  9. BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys

BSOD while gaming - wdf01000.sys: Hi gents, I have created an account here to ask for some assistance because I am at wit's end with my BSOD issues. Early January 2018 my PC started acting up and BSODing like a wild savage while gaming. MemTest, OCCT all passed just fine so I moved from a hardware to a...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
Tags: