Windows 10: Sound stuttering

Discus and support Sound stuttering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know if this is the right place to ask this as this is my first post. My partner gave me his old laptop after updating to an alienware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Victoirann, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Sound stuttering

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this as this is my first post.

My partner gave me his old laptop after updating to an alienware laptop and I've been having nothing but problems with the sound on the one he gave me.
    He didn't have this problem when he had it *Sad

When I listen to music, netflix or something that is on my hdd the sound seems to stutter. Ive read a few forums or people experiencing the same thing but nothing I've tried that they suggested worked (maybe I was doing it wrong).

This is my last resort otherwise I'll bin it and buy a new laptop, I know that may sound harsh or silly but its getting to the point where its becoming so annoying nothing I've tried worked.

I tried reformatting the laptop, I thought something that I installed was clashing with a program - it still happened.
    I made sure everything is updated (drivers etc)

Any advice would be awesome.

:)

Victoirann, Feb 14, 2017

2. Laptop stutter

Since some time my laptop has a stutter.

The mouse freezes once every second and then shoots further into the direction it was moving. Also typing has a stutter, when a button is pressed during the stutter it does nothing. I can hear the stutter when there is no sound playing, the sound is making
    a very soft plopping sound.

But when I'm watching movies, the sound doesn't stutter and the video plays very smooth. Also the stutter seems to disappear when my laptop is on for about 2 hours.

My laptop is an Asus n56vz, running windows 10.

I don't know how to get rid of this problem and can't find a topic with the same problem

Mitchelvdw, Feb 14, 2017
  3. HTC Surround e-mail alert sound stutters

This thread seems to have died but I am a new HTC HD7 owner and my alert sounds stutter almost everytime. The only times the sounds do not stutter is when I am using the phone and the alert plays. If the screen is blank and the phone is locked it will stutter
    every alert sound.

Its not the end of the world but surely it should be something that is easily fixed?

GuigsyBhoy, Feb 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Sound stuttering

Hi, there are several long threads on the topic of stutter.. this is usually not easily resolved.

Please first search the forum for 'stutter', see if anything helps, keep a record of what you've tried, and then post back.

It's a while since this topic arose- please make sure your Win 10 is up to date.

Note- this was originally a Win 7 laptop; seems some updates for Win 10 are available:
    Downloads Detail ds029169

Worth checking.

Good luck!

dalchina, Feb 14, 2017
  5. I tried so many different things the last few days after giving up I came across a post on another website, someone suggested to update the wireless LAN driver.

So far I have had no stuttering of any sound be it music on itunes or netflix.

Victoirann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound stuttering

1. Sound stuttering - Similar Threads - Sound stuttering

2. Sound stutters on my Huawei FreeBuds 5i. It pauses every few seconds for a second or two.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stutters on my Huawei FreeBuds 5i. It pauses every few seconds for a second or two.: Bought Huawei FreeBuds 5i. They work ok in Zoom calls and other communication applications. But during video and audio reproduction the sound stutters. That includes YouTube and Spotify. It stops for a second or two every 3 or 4 seconds. This isn't happening with the previous...
  3. Sound stutters on my Huawei FreeBuds 5i. It pauses every few seconds for a second or two.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stutters on my Huawei FreeBuds 5i. It pauses every few seconds for a second or two.: Bought Huawei FreeBuds 5i. They work ok in Zoom calls and other communication applications. But during video and audio reproduction the sound stutters. That includes YouTube and Spotify. It stops for a second or two every 3 or 4 seconds. This isn't happening with the previous...
  4. Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out: Hi !I get some random problems that I rly can't reproduce, first time it started after about 10 minutes of playing sons of the forest and using discord movement skip frames and sound buzzing when happens both from game and the sound for others when I talk, GPU jumping from...
  5. Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out

Windows start to stutter, sound gets junky both in and out: Hi !I get some random problems that I rly can't reproduce, first time it started after about 10 minutes of playing sons of the forest and using discord movement skip frames and sound buzzing when happens both from game and the sound for others when I talk, GPU jumping from...
  6. Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters: I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I've linked with Phone Link on my new Win11 computer. I got it to link ok, and I can access my phone for apps and to make phone calls. But when I play audio on the phone, I can only hear it from the phone speaker, not the pc. I was able to get...
  7. Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters

Phone Link sound quality poor, stutters: I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 that I've linked with Phone Link on my new Win11 computer. I got it to link ok, and I can access my phone for apps and to make phone calls. But when I play audio on the phone, I can only hear it from the phone speaker, not the pc. I was able to get...
  8. Windows 11 lags/ stutters with weird sound in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lags/ stutters with weird sound in games: ever since kb5030219 i've experienced weird stutter in games always with this kinda shredding sound whats weird is that its always in 3d games no matter if the graphics are really goodrdr2 or agedskyrim. this never happens in 2d games even if they are heavier on performance...
  9. Windows 11 lags/ stutters with weird sound in games

Windows 11 lags/ stutters with weird sound in games: ever since kb5030219 i've experienced weird stutter in games always with this kinda shredding sound whats weird is that its always in 3d games no matter if the graphics are really goodrdr2 or agedskyrim. this never happens in 2d games even if they are heavier on performance...
  10. pc lags and sound stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc lags and sound stuttering: HelloSo i bought a PC in august of 2022, its a very high end gaming pc, great spec, rtx 3080, i7-1200f, 16gb ddr5 ram. Its amazing but i have a huge problem that i cant ssem to fix. Everytime i start my pc and start playing a game the audio stutters, like i get a a static...