Windows 10: Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

Discus and support Sound suddenly goes very quiet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's not a problem like dust. If I set it to 100 max it's loud for the first few seconds and then goes extremely quiet. I can't even hear it properly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/isle_of_cats, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

It's not a problem like dust. If I set it to 100 max it's loud for the first few seconds and then goes extremely quiet. I can't even hear it properly. I've tried checking the sound mixer, unpairing audio devices, checking for new drives (apparently I have the best), disabling and enabling sound and yes, turning my HP laptop on and off again. It is realtek audio. What can I do?

Tia

submitted by /u/isle_of_cats
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/isle_of_cats, Aug 11, 2020
  2. BwayJoey Win User

Notification sounds suddenly stopped working

Sounds for Windows 10 notifications suddenly stopped working. These are the banners that appear on the lower right when a new email arrives, or for example, a newsflash from CNN or WSJ, etc. I still see the banners, but there is no sound.

I have already checked the following:

• Notification options in Windows 10 "Settings"
    • Sound settings in Outlook 2016 (sounds in Outlook work except for new email notification)
    • "Quiet hours" option
    • Ran MS sounds diagnostic tool; indicated it made some changes but the problem persists

When I first used "Quiet Hours" it muted sounds 24/7, not just between midnight and 6 AM. I am wondering if "Quiet Hours" is now "stuck" in the mute mode, even though the icon indicates it is turned off.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

BwayJoey, Aug 11, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound suddenly goes very quiet? :p

cadaveca, Aug 11, 2020
  4. rockleez Win User

Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

Sound suddenly not working

Yes ive tried restarting several times and then sound works for couple of minutes and then suddenly goes into that state, sometimes works again then doesnt, im using logitech Z4 speakers and its onboard sound?

rockleez, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Sound suddenly goes very quiet?

1. Sound suddenly goes very quiet? - Similar Threads - Sound suddenly goes

2. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  3. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic Very Quiet: I recently reformatted my computer, and since then I've been having mic issues. It commonly just doesn't connect to whatever voice platform I'm using teams, discord, voip in games. When it does pick up, it's very quiet. I've already turned my mic audio up in control panel,...
  4. Mic Very Quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I Suddenly Have Massive Sound Issues - Speakers Very Quiet And Unbalanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Suddenly Have Massive Sound Issues - Speakers Very Quiet And Unbalanced: I've had a HP laptop for a couple years now. The last month or so, I've suddenly been experiencing issues with my laptop's sound. It's abnormally quiet and unbalanced between the left and right speakers. I used to keep my volume at around 30, which seemed comfortably loud...
  6. I Suddenly Have Massive Sound Issues - Speakers Very Quiet And Unbalanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Suddenly Have Massive Sound Issues - Speakers Very Quiet And Unbalanced: I've had a HP laptop for a couple years now. The last month or so, I've suddenly been experiencing issues with my laptop's sound. It's abnormally quiet and unbalanced between the left and right speakers. I used to keep my volume at around 30, which seemed comfortably loud...
  7. I Suddenly Have Massive Sound Issues - Speakers Very Quiet And Unbalanced

8. Mic very quiet

Mic very quiet: My mic only picks up when I put it right next to my mouth and talk right into it. Is there any way you have a fix for this? I have downloaded the Realtek audio drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-very-quiet/669b0829-a4aa-4b97-9461-f3c82adc07bf
  9. Microphone is very very quiet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone is very very quiet: I installed clownfish voice changer to have some fun with my friends and it didn’t work. I uninstalled it properly and now my microphone has gone extremely quiet. I have to essentially yell right into it to make them hear me even in the slightest. Does anyone know how to fix...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly goes very slow: My Windows 10 desktop sometimes goes very slow and everything is delayed, I have to restart constantly and it's getting irritating, anybody know any possible causes or solutions? Specs: CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 2.7 Ghz GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 RAM: 8 GB Windows 10...