Windows 10: Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?

Discus and support Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased 3 lcd monitors. I unplugged the PC, existing monitor, external speakers w/ sub. I then installed the 3 new monitors and replaced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TACKATACK, Feb 25, 2020.

1. TACKATACK Win User

Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas?

I purchased 3 lcd monitors. I unplugged the PC, existing monitor, external speakers w/ sub. I then installed the 3 new monitors and replaced the speakers and pluggen in the PC. Now sound wont work in neither headset and attached mic or the external speakers. I have went over a good portion of what is available online to try and fix this problem but only to have fixed nothing. Does anybody know what is going on and/or a sure-fire way to rectify this issue?

:)

TACKATACK, Feb 25, 2020
  2. Patty7966 Win User

Sound suddenly stopped working on laptop (Windows 10)

Hi Anil. I have no idea why my sound suddenly stopped working. I came across your answer and did exactly what you advised but still do not have sound. My sound was working fine a few days ago but suddenly stopped. It makes this kind of "sick" beep sound.
    Also when I try to use voice in Cortana it doesn't understand what I say. Not sure if that helps to try to fix this problem but thought I should let you know. I keep hitting a wall with every idea. Please help!! Thank you!

Patty7966, Feb 25, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas? :p

cadaveca, Feb 25, 2020
  4. K8Pinto Win User

Sounds suddenly stops working

I have a Mac with a Windows Parallel Desktop installed. The sound suddenly stops working, despite me not changing ANY settings. For example, I was just editing some sound, got up and walked away, and when I came back and pressed play there's no sound anymore.
    I have tried various fixes through the Device Manager, updating drivers, etc. and nothing is working. It took me 2 hours last night to get it back, and I still have no idea which fix actually worked. Again, I did not touch anything to "accidentally" change
    a setting, it just stops working.

K8Pinto, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound suddenly stopped and cannot seem to get it back, any ideas? - Similar Threads - Sound suddenly stopped

2. camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?: The camera has stopped working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. Error code 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptureFailedEvent 0x80004005. Can you help to get it back?...
  3. camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera on surface pro has stopped working. Any idea how to get it back?: The camera has stopped working all of a sudden for no apparent reason. Error code 0xA00F4271 MediaCaptureFailedEvent 0x80004005. Can you help to get it back?...
  4. Bluetooth suddenly stopped working, running out of ideas to try, any ideas much welcome!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth suddenly stopped working, running out of ideas to try, any ideas much welcome!: Hello all you lovely people This morning computer was working fine, listening to music making some breakfast as always, when suddenly the music cuts out. Windows 10 has decided that it is now connected to a bluetooth speaker, I don't own any bluetooth speakers and also btw...
  5. My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC sound has completely stopped and I have no idea why. Is there a way to get it back.: So a few days ago I unplugged my blue yeti, plugged in my phone and then removed it and plugged my blue yeti back in. I got the little audio red cross and then couldn't hear anything so I went to "Services" and saw that "Windows Audio" was not running, I tried to restart it...
  6. Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep & power mode changed: any help or ideas on getting it back?: I'm running 10 Pro. For the longest time whatever my settings were I don't remember if there was no activity on my desktop PC for a couple of minutes, the monitor would go to sleep and turn black. The monitor on indicator light would remain on, but the screen would go black....
  7. Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea why my background suddenly stopped syncing with lock screen?: After my last update, first my nightlight stopped working. Then I'm not sure if the background and lock screen stopped at the same time or soon after. One day I noticed that my background was just black. Now the whole thing happens to be running slow as all get out! Any...
  8. No sound from Chrome, any ideas?

No sound from Chrome, any ideas?: [ATTACH] No sound coming from Chrome. Tried reinstalling but that didn't work either. Not even showing up in volume mixer on any device, maybe it's "Name not available"?...
  9. Issue with booting. Any ideas how to get back into the OS?

Issue with booting. Any ideas how to get back into the OS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/markmcgilli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eer2up/issue_with_booting_any_ideas_how_to_get_back_into/
  10. Having trouble getting games fullscreen all of a sudden? Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble getting games fullscreen all of a sudden? Any ideas?: Really weird. This just started happening lately and in certain games. I am having trouble getting games to go full screen without any issues. It will look like it's going to go..then it will minimize itself. Same thing keeps happening. Happens multiple times in a row....