Windows 10: Sound suddenly won't play.

Discus and support Sound suddenly won't play. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I have a problem with my Realtek sound. It was working fine until Friday. No sound would play through it. When I try to run a test, it would say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ownerjfa, May 16, 2020.

1. Sound suddenly won't play.

Hi.
    I have a problem with my Realtek sound. It was working fine until Friday. No sound would play through it. When I try to run a test, it would say "Error. Failed to play test tone".

Now I've been through the entire "Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10" 10 point list. It still won't work. The only thing I hadn't done was reinstall the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, which I never had before.

I should mention I've just upgraded my computer, added a new motherboard, upgraded the chip, and memory on 04/27/2020. Everything was running smoothly until Friday morning when no sound problem started.

Just in case they're needed I've included the CPUID of my computer

Just after the upgrade.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jwmJVEwUkMpJBfMP0gMEut9sAhCe689O

And this is after the error:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ys3WSGfy715vXQNB3PT3pSCWmXKdXlM2

Thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/Ownerjfa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ownerjfa, May 16, 2020

2. My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth.

My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth

The sounds will be still playing out of the laptop and there is not any output settings to set it to LG output.

On the LG soundbar I see the PC is connected but not any sounds.

I have tried to update drivers, but wasnt helpful.

Please recommend me something..

Thanks!

DavidCeska, May 16, 2020
  3. [Suejin] Win User
    I suddenly have no sound to play music videos

Hello SueGraham1,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I'm sorry to hear that your device suddenly stopped playing sounds from music or videos.

Here are some list of the most basic troubleshooting guide to help you fix the problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...

Please try each step on the article and let me know what happens.

[Suejin], May 16, 2020
  4. Sound suddenly won't play.

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Sound suddenly won't play.

1. Sound suddenly won't play. - Similar Threads - Sound suddenly won't

2. my sound stopped playing all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my sound stopped playing all of a sudden: My sound stopped playing, all of a sudden ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-stopped-playing-all-of-a-sudden/3ceeb3fc-04dc-4e1b-b157-d03287acc86f
  3. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  4. Pc won't play sound.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc won't play sound.: Recently i unplugged my headphones to see if my new speakers on my laptop were working. i started a song, mp3 file in case you were wondering and it came out w/ an error message saying "the file was encoded in an unsupported format". i tried plugging my headphones in, and now...
  5. Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers Suddenly Refuse To Play Sound: It was working today and happened out of the blue. I'm on version 10.0.18362 Build 18362. Have tried reinstalling the drivers and have tested them multiple times. Says everything is working. submitted by /u/Noahsam97 [link] [comments]...
  6. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. Chrome Won't Play Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chrome Won't Play Sound: Hello, There was a recent update that went out for Windows 10 which I got. Shortly thereafter I downloaded Discord on my laptop. While in Discord, I was testing out their new screen sharing function by playing a youtube video which noticeably wasn't playing sound. Ever...
  9. PC won't play sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't play sound: I recently updated some of my audio drivers because my computer kept crashing (thread stuck in device driver error) and that appeared to be the only driver for which an update was available. Now I have no sound. My speakers won't play any sound of any kind (system sounds or...
  10. Error sounds won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error sounds won't play: I've been having a problem, and it started ever since I changed my system sound scheme. It worked fine until I restarted my computer, and now whenever I get an error or trigger things that should make a sound, nothing happens. I changed it back to default but still no sound...