Windows 10: Sound System broken in a variety of ways

Discus and support Sound System broken in a variety of ways in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a combination of many problems. The sound system was broken in the way that the drivers just didn't work and the Realtek Audio Manager was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheCOMEDYNE, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Sound System broken in a variety of ways

I have a combination of many problems.

The sound system was broken in the way that the drivers just didn't work and the Realtek Audio Manager was just missing. I fixed that so that the Realtek Audio Manager was back and I could monitor the microphone input, it all worked properly there.

After using a Digital Audio Workstation for a bit I tried to enter a Discord call and my microphone Microphone RealtekR Audio immeidately stopped working. I tried going to the sound settings in the control panel and nothing seemed wrong other than my microphone showing no input at all despite the fact that I could hear it being relayed back to me by the Realtek Audio Manager. I tried changing between different drivers to no avail other than the old one I was using before where the microphone worked but Realtek Audio Manager was missing. I ran the troubleshooter from the normal sound settings page and it said that the audio services weren't responding and the microphone wasn't set to the default sample rate. It said that it had attempted restarting them and it didn't work, I restarted them myself multiple times, restarting my computer in between attempts and it still didn't work. All my other microphone inputs work other than Microphone RealtekR Audio which is the main one I use.

I am honestly defeated as to what I can do.

:)

TheCOMEDYNE, Jan 16, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound System broken in a variety of ways :p

cadaveca, Jan 16, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Sound System broken in a variety of ways

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Sound System broken in a variety of ways

1. Sound System broken in a variety of ways - Similar Threads - Sound System broken

2. My computers sound is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computers sound is broken: My computer speaker makes a low humming sound, the louder I turn it up, the creepier and more high pitch it gets. I know this is Not a speaker issue because if I plug in my headphones it does the same thing, every time I play music it sounds like 10000 of the same things are...
  3. My computers sound is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computers sound is broken: My computer speaker makes a low humming sound, the louder I turn it up, the creepier and more high pitch it gets. I know this is Not a speaker issue because if I plug in my headphones it does the same thing, every time I play music it sounds like 10000 of the same things are...
  4. My computers sound is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. why is my sound broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my sound broken: for a a few weeks now my head phone jack has been super quiet it is at max volume and i have watch Multiple video and nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-sound-broken/4d4719d5-4069-4a10-ae04-d0a7bd5a79ab
  6. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs. Same thing happens if I type run or command in menu, white shortcuts and do not open...
  7. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  8. Broken system shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken system shortcuts: When I press Win key + R my run window comes up and I can run CMD from systen32 folder but when I open menu and go to windows system menu the shortcuts are white and do not open the programs...
  9. Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/devanshu021 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtl3ug/windows_system_icons_are_broken_any_way_to_fix/
  10. Broken sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken sound: My sound is distorted at times it sounds normal but then it is heard again very, very badly. It breaks every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-sound/15c9376b-2844-408c-a878-9225df9ddee6