Windows 10: Sound system gone

Discus and support Sound system gone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a laptop computer after it working perfectly all day it crashes and after I restart it says I have no sound system. USB headsets work fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Logicalkick, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Sound system gone

I'm using a laptop computer after it working perfectly all day it crashes and after I restart it says I have no sound system.
    USB headsets work fine but the speakers and audio jack don't work at all.

I used a system restore point from a few days ago but nothing changed and all of the things I've found on the internet don't help my problem.

If there's any way I can fix this please let me know.

:)

Logicalkick, Dec 25, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound system gone :p

cadaveca, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 25, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound system gone

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Sound system gone

1. Sound system gone - Similar Threads - Sound system gone

2. System 32 gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System 32 gone: Hello, a while back I was very stupid and deleted system 32 on accident. So of course I can’t use my laptop anymore but I found out you can get system 32 on a hard drive and fix it. But I have no clue on how and where to install the file and how to put it back in my laptop....
  3. System 32 gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System 32 gone: Hello, a while back I was very stupid and deleted system 32 on accident. So of course I can’t use my laptop anymore but I found out you can get system 32 on a hard drive and fix it. But I have no clue on how and where to install the file and how to put it back in my laptop....
  4. System 32 gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound on my computer gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound on my computer gone: Hi, I am having such a difficult time with trying to fix the sound on my computer. one day a couple of weeks ago, I turned on my computer and a red X was on my speaker Icon. I couldn't get it to go away, until I went into settings and changed it to running audio. The red x...
  6. Sound on my computer gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound on my computer gone: Hi, I am having such a difficult time with trying to fix the sound on my computer. one day a couple of weeks ago, I turned on my computer and a red X was on my speaker Icon. I couldn't get it to go away, until I went into settings and changed it to running audio. The red x...
  7. Sound on my computer gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sound gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound gone: For months, when I didn't want to bother others with any sound from videos I was watching, I'd plug in ear plugs and the sound would transfer to them. But in the last couple days, I no longer can get sound without plugging in ear plugs. How do I get sound back to my...
  9. Operating system is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Operating system is gone: Ima skip the story as it’s long but now when I start my computer it says I need to install an operating system for the computer to actually work you know, so would I just go to a fully working functioning computer with windows 10 and make a backup or something to put on a usb...
  10. Sound is gone, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is gone, please help!: I don't hear any sound from my windows 10 laptop. I have checked everything, the sound is on, realtek(r) audio. But when I go to device manager and then properties for realtek R audio, it says everything works properly. But when I go to events, it says device not migrated....