Windows 10: sound system

Discus and support sound system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My sound system is not recognized after a windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldWall1, Oct 11, 2018.

1. sound system

My sound system is not recognized after a windows 10 update

:)

DonaldWall1, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound system :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
  4. sound system

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

sound system

1. sound system - Similar Threads - sound system

2. Windows system sounds are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system sounds are not working.: I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I...
  3. God Awful Sound from computer's one jack into a sound system. :(

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    God Awful Sound from computer's one jack into a sound system. :(: No matter what I've tried, and I tried many many many ways to get windows 10 to acknowledge the Intel HD Def Sound Driver. The brand X that the computer is using was found by troubleshooter to be inferior and in need of replacement. I am not being allowed to switch despite...
  4. Systems sounds not fully playing

Systems sounds not fully playing: I'm running windows 10 home. I am an audiofile and therefore have particular sounds/wav files set to certain windows events (like new mail notifications, windows startup, windows exit (the last two I had to go into the registry to make them visible in the sounds so I could...
  5. internal speaker/sound system

internal speaker/sound system: my realtek sound is grey out and I can not use the system speaker, only an attached device, how can I make the internal sound/speaker operational again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakersound-system/7098f10f-1d68-4301-900a-e3da88fb88b7
  6. System sounds play, but application sound does not

System sounds play, but application sound does not: Hello! So, I'm using windows 10, and very often when i start up my computer, all sound but the system sound won't play. I've found a solution that involved fooling around with the troubleshooter and switching the default sound systems around (the main one doesnt work, even...
  7. Lost sound system after windows updates

Lost sound system after windows updates: After downloading recent update for windows 10, my pc lost sound. Sound device says there is no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-system-after-windows-updates/b731a6c3-70e0-4506-84e9-a3a155d0859e
  8. Windows 10 system - sound settings

Windows 10 system - sound settings: Notification sound setting resets to 100 everytime I get a notification. If I reset it to a lower number, it will stay at that number until a new notification....
  9. Big Microsoft Bug Problems - NO AUDIO PLAYBACK, EXCEPT A FEW SYSTEM SOUNDS!!

Big Microsoft Bug Problems - NO AUDIO PLAYBACK, EXCEPT A FEW SYSTEM SOUNDS!!: As of this latest OS Build 17134.619 February 19th, 2019,I No long have any Sounds for Music, Netflix, or anything else but only a few rare speaker test sounds. Does anyone have a Fix for these Bad Windows OS Builds that cause havoc with Our Computers, I know my Sound Device...
  10. Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!

Cannot hear sounds from browser & games but I can hear system sounds!: (SOLVED) Sometimes I cannot hear sounds from games, browsers (all of them) and programs. The funny thing is that I can hear system sounds e.g. when I change the sound level. Solution: My desktop PC has 4 users. To describe the solution, I must write the scenario...