Windows 10: Sound Too Low After Update

Discus and support Sound Too Low After Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can barely hear now that Windows just did two updates AND apparently the Realtek driver was updated.I have an HP Inspiron 3670 desktop. This has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LindaKurtz2, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Sound Too Low After Update

I can barely hear now that Windows just did two updates AND apparently the Realtek driver was updated.I have an HP Inspiron 3670 desktop. This has happened before. I have checked ALL the settings--every darn thing I know of, including Maxx Audio Pro, which comes with the HP.Everything is set to highest volume.The Realtek drivers do not indicate that they have been updated.The latest update to Windows and the drivers occurred last night when I shut the computer down. On trying to listen to things today . . . .This is not the first time this has happened. Sometimes it seems to resolve. Other tim

:)

LindaKurtz2, Jun 12, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Too Low After Update :p

cadaveca, Jun 12, 2021
  3. LOW SOUND

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

Install all pending updates on the system, restart and check the status of the issue.

Further, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

If issue still persist and if sound works when you remove Realtek drivers, suggest him to follow the link below to hide the driver update.

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Also refer the below article.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Sound Too Low After Update

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Sound Too Low After Update

1. Sound Too Low After Update - Similar Threads - Sound Too Low

2. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  3. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  4. Microphone volume is too low after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume is too low after update: Hi experts, I'm using HP 15s-du2023tx laptop and my built-in microphone is not working properly after a Windows 10 update. Tried to perform a microphone test, and driver update but it did not fix the issue. Tried to run Troubleshoot, but it cannot detect the problem. I tried...
  5. Sound volume too low since last update

Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  6. Headphone Sound Too Low

Headphone Sound Too Low: My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-sound-too-low/a0942d45-4dc8-4c8b-a58e-9e990df2be9c
  7. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  8. Sound Too Low on Windows 10

Sound Too Low on Windows 10: I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop computer. I am moving over from an HP Pavilion a1640n that was running XP. The sound was great with XP on the Pavilion. With Windows 10 and this new computer, the sound is so low I cannot even watch a movie. I have done the...
  9. Sound at 100% still too low.

Sound at 100% still too low.: I've got a refurbished Lenovo M95p and the sound is too low: either on the computer internal speaker or a pair of small external fed from the front earphone jack. The Lenovo site says that I have the latest drivers. When playing small .wma files in AutoKey, the maximum sound...
  10. the audio sound became too low after the latest update

the audio sound became too low after the latest update: the audio sound became too low after the latest update, I tried to solve the problem by updating the sound drivers but it says "the updates are already installed''. should it be necessary driver issues? or BIOS, I don't know. 89046