Windows 10: Sound Too Low on Windows 10

Discus and support Sound Too Low on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop computer. I am moving over from an HP Pavilion a1640n that was running XP. The sound was great with XP on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lindalouk, Nov 29, 2019.

1. lindalouk Win User

Sound Too Low on Windows 10

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop computer. I am moving over from an HP Pavilion a1640n that was running XP. The sound was great with XP on the Pavilion. With Windows 10 and this new computer, the sound is so low I cannot even watch a movie.

I have done the following, so please tell me what other solutions there are:

1. Set volumes everywhere to 100 percent.
    2. Followed the suggestion at this link. Nothing changed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-audio-sound-level-is-very-quiet/3c0e6d40-51dc-486a-aff8-7326b6b43fc7
    3. Installed two different generic drivers offered by my computer when I use the option to set drivers myself.

When I first booted up the computer, a generic HD driver was installed. I got rid of it and had the computer update to the best driver. Perhaps that was my downfall.

In addition, for a while there was no sound whatsoever coming from the speaker. When I tried the speaker on my old computer, it worked fine.

There is something very wrong with this Dell Inspiron. I am beyond disgusted, but unfortunately I bought it in February and am not getting it ready until now. This is only one of the many problems I am encountering.

:)

lindalouk, Nov 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 sound is low

Hi Harpreet,

There are many factors that can cause this on your computer, such as problematic sound hardware, outdated or incompatible audio/sound card drivers, faulty sound configurations and more.
    We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Are you referring to sound quality of the computer/speakers/headphones?
    • Have you checked from the manufacturer's website if there's a driver available to be installed? Since you've mentioned you just updated your device.

Moreover, we suggest that you check this article to troubleshoot sound problems in Windows 10. Make sure to follow
    the steps one-by-one.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 sound is low

Here is the point wise reply:

1.Windows version 1709(OS Build 16299.192)

2. Problem with the sound quality of computer

3. Yes, In the morning I have installed one driver for the Conexant sound card from manufacturers website. But sound problem is not resolved.

4. Yes, I saw the troubleshoot article, and I followed it, but no improvement in sound yet.

HarpreetSingh4, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound Too Low on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Too Low

2. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  3. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  4. RODE AI-1 - Sounds too low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RODE AI-1 - Sounds too low: Hi guys,I met a big trouble,help me please!!I recently buy rode ai-1 with the mic of zdm-1.When I'm trying to use audition to record something, i found that the volume is sounds very low. The biggest sound is -18~-24the mic's knob on the ai-1 is already 100%, so as pc volumeI...
  5. Sound Too Low After Update

Sound Too Low After Update: I can barely hear now that Windows just did two updates AND apparently the Realtek driver was updated.I have an HP Inspiron 3670 desktop. This has happened before. I have checked ALL the settings--every darn thing I know of, including Maxx Audio Pro, which comes with the...
  6. Sound too low Windows 10 on HP Ultrabook

Sound too low Windows 10 on HP Ultrabook: Although I turn the volume all the way to 100%, the sounds that come out from the notebook's speakers are very low. My Samsung phone can blast much more powerful sounds. However, when I connect a headset to the PC, the volume reading of 7% or 8% out of 100% gives me loud...
  7. Low sound in windows 10

Low sound in windows 10: I can hear sound in my laptop but it is too low and I can't hear it clearly and this issue is facing after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-sound-in-windows-10/5d98be6f-f131-458a-9e8b-962aa89d0068
  8. Headphone Sound Too Low

Headphone Sound Too Low: My headphone sounds are too low on my win 10 and I have heard of loudness equalizer but there is no such enhancement in my lapto what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-sound-too-low/a0942d45-4dc8-4c8b-a58e-9e990df2be9c
  9. Sound volume is too low.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound volume is too low.: Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again. Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find...
  10. Sound at 100% still too low.

Sound at 100% still too low.: I've got a refurbished Lenovo M95p and the sound is too low: either on the computer internal speaker or a pair of small external fed from the front earphone jack. The Lenovo site says that I have the latest drivers. When playing small .wma files in AutoKey, the maximum sound...