Windows 10: Sound turns off when I turn on my mic

Discus and support Sound turns off when I turn on my mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have had Windows 10 for a while, and I just built my first desktop. I purchased the iDeaPlay V206 headphones to go with it. Whenever I turn on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dimjem2, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Dimjem2 Win User

Sound turns off when I turn on my mic

So I have had Windows 10 for a while, and I just built my first desktop. I purchased the iDeaPlay V206 headphones to go with it. Whenever I turn on my my mic is being used, my sound cuts out. I have OBS on my computer because I love to record and edit videos. I don't use my mic, but today a friend told me that I should use it in my videos. I enabled it in OBS and the music in the background stopped playing. I went to the tab thinking it was paused, but the video was still playing. The volume was at 28% and the YouTube volume was at 100%. I turned off the mic again, and the music immediately started playing again. Does anyone know how I can use my mic and the sound at the same time? Thank you so much.

---------------------------------------------------

Specs:

Ryzen 7 1700

Asrock X370 Gaming X

Corsair Vengeance - (2x4GB)(2x8GB) DDR4-3000

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X

Western Digital 2TB 5400RPM HDD

Kingston A400 120GB SSD

Corsair CX500 500W 80+Bronze Power Supply

----------------------------------------------------

:)

Dimjem2, Oct 22, 2018

2. Can't turn on Cortanas mic

I have tried all suggestions but I still cant turn Cortana's mic

* Moved from Edge

* Original title: Cortana mic

willmac1939, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Can't turn on Cortanas mic

Hi Will,

Wrong configuration settings may be one of the possible reason why you're unable to enable Cortana's microphone. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to turn on Cortana's microphone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Rasec_007 on this
    thread on how to enable the Cortana's microphone.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 22, 2018
  4. bbmarley Win User

problem when turning on PC :/

no mic plugged in ,i unplugged all none essentials when attempting to turn back on ,
    another thing i noticed, you know when you turn pc on and for a second fans sound like there are on max that doesnt happen

bbmarley, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound turns off when I turn on my mic - Similar Threads - Sound turns off

2. cant turn mic montering off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant turn mic montering off: i have a aeoke ak 60 mic ive turned off playback and everything and i can still hear myself idk why this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-mic-montering-off/9093d3ad-2a57-48da-8e15-4676e4dc9676
  3. cant turn mic montering off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant turn mic montering off: i have a aeoke ak 60 mic ive turned off playback and everything and i can still hear myself idk why this is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-mic-montering-off/9093d3ad-2a57-48da-8e15-4676e4dc9676
  4. cant turn mic montering off

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on: This is my viewer event log.Faulting application name: LiveCaptions.exe, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0x7d88ba9cFaulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61eFaulting...
  6. My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My LiveCaptions auto turn off when turn on: This is my viewer event log.Faulting application name: LiveCaptions.exe, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0x7d88ba9cFaulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22621.436, time stamp: 0xf5fc15a3Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007f61eFaulting...
  7. When I turn off TabletInputService my IME is turned off too

When I turn off TabletInputService my IME is turned off too: This bothers me for a while now, and I still can't find a solution.I use my laptop for work, and the ERP my company use crashes very often due to TabletInpuService. which I dont know why. My colleague told me to turn off TabletInpuService and taught me to turn it off in...
  8. Weird voice/sound when I turn off my pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird voice/sound when I turn off my pc?: Ive noticed that whenever I turn off my pc at night, after the monitor shuts off I can hear some faint voice through my headphones. I cant tell whats being said, all I can hear is some guy talking like its from a radio station or video. Has anyone heard of this before? Its on...
  9. Sound turns off when I close the laptop

Sound turns off when I close the laptop: Hi, My HP ProBook Windows 10 laptop stops playing music from the Windows Media Player when I close the lid. I have gone into the control panel and clicked do nothing when both unplugged and charging. The music continues playing when the laptop lid closes when it is is...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone turns off sound