Windows 10: Sound vanished!

Discus and support Sound vanished! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi OK this morning I had no issues what so ever. When shutting down I did have a small update didn't take long to update and system shut down pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave1776, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Sound vanished!

Hi

OK this morning I had no issues what so ever. When shutting down I did have a small update didn't take long to update and system shut down pretty much like normal.

Booted up this evening and it finished the update but then I noticed I had no sound.

I tried restarting no good.

I then thought my drivers might have gone back our been out of date so I used device manager to try and update but ti says most current are installed.

I then tried to go out to HP's website for my system and get the drivers and manually install. During the install I get the following error
    I then went and googled it a bit and was checking device manager some more and I noticed that for my Sound, Video and game controllers I have in there my AMD High Definition Audio Device and when I click on properties it says under device status that it is working properly.

In the other devices category though I have two items in there

Intel high Definition Audio
    Intel high Definition DSP

Both have a yellow exclamation mark next to them and if I try and update drivers it says

Same for the other just change the device name.

Properties for both these items in device status says

Someone suggested it could be associated with the AMD graphics card and others in the group seem to have success fixing it that way but no good did not help.

Any ideas how to fix this???

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Oct 12, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound vanished! :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Sound vanished!

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Sound vanished!

1. Sound vanished! - Similar Threads - Sound vanished

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  5. Sound problem with jack connected headphones

Sound problem with jack connected headphones: My laptop is a Dell 16 7610 with Windows 11, 23H2. During the last few weeks, I have the following problem with the sound of my laptop. The sound works all right with the internal speakers and/or Bluetooth connected speakers. However, when I try to connect external speakers...
  6. Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...: Why has audio sound completely vanished from my system. There is no audio sound when playing music or watching movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-audio-sound-completely-vanished-from-my/85adfbfd-349e-4c34-a359-7ca0574ae180
  7. Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...

Why has audio sound completely vanished from my laptop. there is no audio sound when...: Why has audio sound completely vanished from my system. There is no audio sound when playing music or watching movies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-audio-sound-completely-vanished-from-my/85adfbfd-349e-4c34-a359-7ca0574ae180
  8. window10 sound vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    window10 sound vanished: After window10 update yesterday, my sound vanished. System > sound > " no output devices found" . Nothing to enable . Please help if you can ? Thanks Basu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window10-sound-vanished/aa757879-1fe5-451d-ae1b-e85630ed1ae5
  9. After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows Update, My Sound Has Just Vanished: Hey Microsoft community, I have had this issue before and all I had to do was wait, but now I cannot as I do not have the time. Simply enough, I'm turning off my PC for the night through "Sleep" and I saw there was an update, I didn't want to update it at the time so I just...
  10. Sound vanishes from computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound vanishes from computer: From time to time I do not get sound from my computer or even through an ear phone/connected external speakers. But sound can be heard from a connected TV through HDMI, if from playback devices I chose the TV as default. On re-starting the computer the problem gets solved-...