Windows 10: Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

Discus and support Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,My Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs drivers completely disappeared after 20H2 update! So now I can't play any sound.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Orsh9, May 5, 2021.

1. Orsh9 Win User

Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

Hi,My Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs drivers completely disappeared after 20H2 update! So now I can't play any sound.I have an Asus Vivobook 15, the update was installed a few days ago first, the same thing happened then. I tried various things but nothing worked so I rolled the system back to its previous state. But yesterday it installed 20H2 again and now I don;t have sound again.My sound driver was up to date, I made sure of that after I rolled the system back. So it's not that.No idea what's going on what I need my audio and sound devic

:)

Orsh9, May 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 and disappearing sound

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the sound card and check if it helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Sound, video and game controller”.

• Right click on the device driver and select
      uninstall.

• Once uninstall is done, restart the computer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 5, 2021
  3. While trying to play Bioshock 2 but it won't let me turn off the controller vibration in game

Hi Lauren,

As you are facing issue with Xbox controller driver settings, I suggest you to update the driver software for the controller by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 5, 2021
  4. Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

1. Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Sound video game

2. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  3. Missing sound video and game controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound video and game controllers: If I try to install sound, video and game controller, the pc automatically restarts without installing the required driver.What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-sound-video-and-game-controllers/48194e94-67f4-41f0-b36d-d7db26f321fd
  4. Sound,video and game controller missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound,video and game controller missing: My windows tell me "There is no audio output device installed" on my sound icon.I checked device manager and the sound,video and game controller isn't there. I recently formatted my computer. It didn't fix this issue.This morning I had audio but when i restarted my laptop it...
  5. video drivers disappear after update

video drivers disappear after update: Bought a lenova Desktop last summer it has windows 10 installed everytime i do a windows update i lose drivers for both video cards the built in Intel video card as well as well as the nvidia pci-x card. is there a way to stop this from happening without disabling updates....
  6. 20H2 sound and video problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 sound and video problems: So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second...
  7. Reinstall Sound, video and game controlers

Reinstall Sound, video and game controlers: So I logged onto my PC in the morning and noticed my sound with the error 'no audio output device installed' so I looked it up and after a few simple steps I uninstalled the sound, video and games controllers being told that they would reinstall automatically but they didn't...
  8. Sound, video & game controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound, video & game controllers: Performed Windows 10 reinstall from USB recovery drive. Then performed Windows 10 setup after new reboot. Noticed after new install that all the sound, video & gaming controllers had been deleted from my system. Tried installing RelTek drivers with Device Manager, but the...
  9. Sounds disappeared after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds disappeared after update?: My sound seems to of gone? Done nothing apart from widows update. I have a Logitech speaker connected. Zero sound. Done the usual thing with the mixer and nothing. Disconnected all the speakers and re connected USB. Nothing. What’s happened and what can I do? submitted by...
  10. Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager: I started the day using my msi laptop perfectly, no problems with audio, then it said it needed to restart to update something, I agreed and it restarted. There was the "working on updates" screen, 100%, it restarted again, another "working on updates" screen, this time it...