Windows 10: Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

Discus and support Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started the day using my msi laptop perfectly, no problems with audio, then it said it needed to restart to update something, I agreed and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoãoNovi, Aug 14, 2019.

1. JoãoNovi Win User

Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

I started the day using my msi laptop perfectly, no problems with audio, then it said it needed to restart to update something, I agreed and it restarted.

There was the "working on updates" screen, 100%, it restarted again, another "working on updates" screen, this time it took a few minutes.

But this time the audio didnt work. I looked on the desktop tab and there was the red cross over the audio controller. I clicked it, ran the troubleshooter, it only said I needed to restart the computer to fix it. I did so. Another "working on updates" screen on 100%.

So the laptop turned on, no audio still, the problem continued.

I opened the device manager and could not find any audio devices. The "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" tab was gone. I tried installing the legacy "sound, video and game controllers" tab, but as soon as it installs it, it disappears again.

I have no idea what happened, it was working perfectly before I restarted this morning.

What could I do? What could it be?

:)

JoãoNovi, Aug 14, 2019

2. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device manager anymore

It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The troubleshooter doesn't do anything it says can't detect the problem.

no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device manager anymore

windows 10

OceanJester, Aug 14, 2019
  3. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device manager anymore

1. Run Audio / Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Windows Key+I > Update & security > Troubleshoot >

A. Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter

B. Hardware & Devices > Run the troubleshooter

2. Take actions related to Audio Driver

Windows Key+X > Device Manager > Sound, Video & game controllers > Right Click on the entry below (if more than one, then you will have to repeat the steps for all) > Properties > Driver Tab >

A. Roll Back - If Roll back driver is enabled, roll it back

B. Uninstall - Uninstall Device and restart to reinstall it automatically

C. Download and reinstall the driver from computer manufacturer's website - If you face issue, let me know your computer make and model?

Vijay_Verma, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

Windows 10 and disappearing sound

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

Since the above steps did not help to fix the issue. I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the sound card and check if it helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Sound, video and game controller”.

• Right click on the device driver and select
      uninstall.

• Once uninstall is done, restart the computer.

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager

1. Sound, Video and Game controllers tab disappeared and does not come back in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Sound Video Game

2. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  3. No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Driver Detected and No Sound, Video, and Game Controller tab in device manager.: I just got this laptop recently, it's Windows 11 and right now it's saying that my laptop has detected no audio output and input drivers. Tried to fix it in the device manager but the supposedly sound, video, and game controller is non-existent. It doesn't show any tab...
  4. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?: Sound, video and game controller missing from device manager. No audio output device installed. This came to light after Windows update. Can't go back to a previous version as time expired. Laptop reset but issue remains.Any suggestions please?...
  5. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?: Sound, video and game controller missing from device manager. No audio output device installed. This came to light after Windows update. Can't go back to a previous version as time expired. Laptop reset but issue remains.Any suggestions please?...
  6. sound, video and game controller missing from device manager, how to re-install?

7. Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound icon disappears and does not come come back: It seems there is space the task bar for a icon, but it isn't there. network icon hides when volume icon is off. I tried restart several times, no luck....
  8. Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update: Hi,My Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs drivers completely disappeared after 20H2 update! So now I can't play any sound.I have an Asus Vivobook 15, the update was installed a few days ago first, the same thing happened then. I tried various...
  9. Sound, video & game controllers

Sound, video & game controllers: Performed Windows 10 reinstall from USB recovery drive. Then performed Windows 10 setup after new reboot. Noticed after new install that all the sound, video & gaming controllers had been deleted from my system. Tried installing RelTek drivers with Device Manager, but the...
  10. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and game controllers tab in my device...: It happened recently within a month or so. The sound used to work. I tried to install drivers but I don't even have the sound tab anymore. The troubleshooter doesn't do anything it says can't detect the problem. no audio device output installed AND no sound, video, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get back sound video and game controllers

2. no sound video game controllers tab