Windows 10: Sound/video sync when filming with Camera

Discus and support Sound/video sync when filming with Camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a puzzling problem. I can use my inbuilt webcam for things like zoom, hangouts, whatsapp etc, no problem and relatively good quality. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by snowmonkey, May 14, 2020.

1. Sound/video sync when filming with Camera

Hi all, I have a puzzling problem. I can use my inbuilt webcam for things like zoom, hangouts, whatsapp etc, no problem and relatively good quality.

I tried to do what I thought was a simple task, record a video of my son playing his instrument using the Camera App. I was going to use an external soundcard which I use for audio (ableton) no problem.

However, when I played back the recorded video, it was awful. The picture moved twice as fast as it should, and the audio, while ok, was crackly.

I reinstalled the soundcard driver, and also tried enabling/disabling/updating the driver for the inbuilt camera. But no joy. I tried recording a number of times, all with the same problem. And I also tied replaying with different media players (windows, vlc).

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next? Windows version is 18362.836.

Thanks in advance...

:)

snowmonkey, May 14, 2020

2. Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, May 14, 2020
  3. external mic needed when video filming with N8

When i'm video filming outside , I want to connect an external microphone to my N8. Because the the wind gives a disturbing noise when using the internal mic.

I've an Nokia ca-75u connection cable to connect an external mic to the N8. It works with the sound recorder program and the Alon dictaphone.

But when I start video filming with the camera the N8 seems to switch to internal mic automaticly.

Is there a way ( Usb, CA-75u, bleutooth) to connect an external mic to the n8 when you are using the camera for video filming?

renaldo153, May 14, 2020
  4. Sound/video sync when filming with Camera

Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Thank you for your reply.

Since the previous troubleshooting steps didn't resolve the issue, we suggest performing a
    System Restore to get your computer back to its previous state.

Note: System Restore will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed but won't affect your personal files.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Hi. Unfortunatelly System Restore only had one restore date and it did not solve the problem. Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Sound/video sync when filming with Camera

1. Sound/video sync when filming with Camera - Similar Threads - Sound video sync

2. Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app: Good day,I am reaching out as part of Vimeo's Video-Platform QA team. We've noticed support tickets coming in regarding Vimeo-transcoded videos not playing properly when played in WMP ~ this behavior is not noticeable when playing in Quicktime, VLC, and any other media...
  3. Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vimeo videos out-of-sync when playing in WMP and Windows Film/TV app: Good day,I am reaching out as part of Vimeo's Video-Platform QA team. We've noticed support tickets coming in regarding Vimeo-transcoded videos not playing properly when played in WMP ~ this behavior is not noticeable when playing in Quicktime, VLC, and any other media...
  4. syncing of sound to video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    syncing of sound to video: my videos either on facebook or itunes does not sync with the sound and lips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-of-sound-to-video/ca240be9-c548-4836-8857-f871f08d3bfe
  5. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  6. Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sound Drifting Out Of Sync With Video: Recently I've notcied the sound going out of sync on Netflix. Happens after 5 or 10 minutes, and is easily resolved by simply pausing for a second and restarting. I've tried Netflix on two browsers and the same problem arises. I've also tried watching a private video on VLC...
  7. Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Is Out of Sync With Videos: I just bought the Audioengine 5+ and Audioengine S8 speaker system about a month ago. The sound was awesome until after the Windows 10 ver. 2004 Update. I started experiencing sound going out of sync with video after the update. I updated the Realtek driver, but the sound...
  8. why my videos and pictures look like camera films

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    why my videos and pictures look like camera films: why my pic look like negatives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-videos-and-pictures-look-like-camera-films/8b9e1bc5-ee64-4d01-87e3-078889521693
  9. video+sound sync problems (and more)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video+sound sync problems (and more): I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of. Symptoms: The first time I turn on the computer & login, if I play any videos, the sound & video fall out of sync. This is consistent. What is strange is clicking...
  10. Audio Sync issues when streaming Films/TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Sync issues when streaming Films/TV: Hi, I am having Audi sync issues when streaming films and tv shows from my Windows 10 PC to my Xbox One S using the Films & TV app. The Audio is always about 1.5 seconds behind the Video. My PC is connected to my network via a Cat 6 ethernet cable and my Xbox One S is also...