Windows 10: sound volume and beeping after update

Discus and support sound volume and beeping after update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After updating windows last night the volume in windows has changed a lot, going from nothing to 2 on the slider makes it sound like what close to max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Norvosys, Aug 22, 2020.

1. sound volume and beeping after update

After updating windows last night the volume in windows has changed a lot, going from nothing to 2 on the slider makes it sound like what close to max used to be. Changing the volume also makes an annoying beep that I am supposed to be able to turn off in sound settings, but I cant find it even after playing all the windows sounds.

PLease help me, thanks!

submitted by /u/Norvosys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Norvosys, Aug 22, 2020
  2. fonduekid Win User

Nokia 5230 - beep sound during call, volume control not working properly

Dear All,

There is an annoying beep sound (pretty loud) during calls and the volume control is automatically at the maximum. When I try to bring down the volume using the volume control switch on the side, the volume bar slides all the way to the very lowest and not
    in steps.

I tried googling but I could not find anything.

Can someone please suggest what to do? Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

fonduekid, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

ah, you beat me to it

click start, type sounds

select "change system sounds" from the list

check the sound scheme is not set to no sounds.

if it is, select windows default from the dropdown and click apply

the volume slider uses the Default beep

if there is no speaker icon next to it, highlight it and select a sound from the dropdown at the bottom of the window. default is windows background.wav

Martmcd, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Tim Hill6 Win User

sound volume and beeping after update

Annoying BEEP sound after increasing volume

When I increase the sound volume using the volume control on the screen lower right side, I hear an annoying beep sound. How to stop it?

Tim Hill6, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

sound volume and beeping after update

1. sound volume and beeping after update - Similar Threads - sound volume beeping

2. Beeping sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping sound: My Win10 HP laptop infrequently makes beeping sounds lasting about a minute or two. HP won't help me without my signing up for its paid "Friends" service, which has proved useless in the past. The beeps very likely are an alert of some kind my computer runs as usual. What...
  3. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  4. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume: How do I turn off the beeping sound when I press the volume keys when a Bluetooth device is connected? Как отключить звук пикающий при нажатии клавиш регулировки громкости при подключенном bluetooth устройстве?I try to disable all sounds in windows sounds with scheme no...
  5. Annoying BEEP sound when increasing volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Beeping sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Beeping sound: I'm hearing a beeping sound about every 20 seconds. I ran the troubleshoot but didn't fix the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/beeping-sound/104bf02c-7a2f-42fe-80b1-34680f8afc5d
  7. beeping sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    beeping sound: Hello there, I purchased Lenovo v15 ada in September and it was perfectly working fine. But since last week it started making beep sounds. I thought it might be some issue with the system but I'm continuously hearing those sounds specially when display goes off. I'm not...
  8. No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Beep Sound On Windows 10 Volume Control Slider: I have tried every adjustment I know and on Google info and still can't solve the problem. I have sound accept on the sound adjustment slider in the task bar. Can anyone point me to the right directions on solving this problem. Thanks...
  9. Beep Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Beep Sound: hey! i have concern that whenever i plug-in and plug-out my charger froom my laptop based on windows 10, beep sound comes out. i am not able to find how to mute that beep sound even if i have mute the system sound kindly help me as it is very disturbing to other at quiet...
  10. Beep sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Beep sound: When i use 2 fingures on touchpad to up and down pages sometimes my laptop start beeping or freeze... Then i have to restart it.. How to fix this..plz help I have hp notebook 15 ba637tu windows 10 1809...