Windows 10: Sound volume extremely loud

Discus and support Sound volume extremely loud in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the issue that my external USB-Soundcard - that works perfectly fine on my main computer - has an extremely high base volume on my work PC. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TwoThe, Mar 13, 2019.

1. TwoThe Win User

Sound volume extremely loud

I have the issue that my external USB-Soundcard - that works perfectly fine on my main computer - has an extremely high base volume on my work PC.

On my main PC I have the volume set to 30, however on my work PC I need to set the very same Soundcard to a volume of 4 or my ears explode.

Is there any reason why on two PCs, both running Win 10, the exact same Soundcard has an okish and a very loud volume? And how can I fix this?

:)

TwoThe, Mar 13, 2019

2. Call volume extremely loud and tinny sounding, even on lower volume

Hi, I've recently bought a Lumia 930, and I'm having problems with the volume on the actual call. It sounds extremely tinny and muffled, also it sounds way louder than it should be on that volume. However the sound of the call seems fine when I use the
    loudspeaker or if i use headphones. Could this be a fault with the standard call speaker? Someone suggested something has gotten loose within the phone and no I haven't dropped it or knocked it.

VinylRichTea, Mar 13, 2019
  3. SUI
    Sui Win User
    Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: https://i.stack.imgur.com/HKSzf.png

Does anyone know what else to try?

4. Sound volume extremely loud

Lumia 710 -- Extreme loud sound when calling

To clarify, this problem still hasn't been solved. (I now have wp 7.8)

Also, it doesn't always occur, it seems rather random to me. Sometimes when I call someone, and I hear the other guys phone ringing, the sound is duplicated: once at normal volume, once at extremely loud volume (hurting my ears). Sometimes, everything
    is normal. This really looks like a software issue I would like to see fixed...

Porcupine3, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Sound volume extremely loud

1. Sound volume extremely loud - Similar Threads - Sound volume extremely

2. W10 sound extremely low volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 sound extremely low volume: I removed and installed my MB into my wife's tower. I finally have it all setup, EXCEPT, I have extremely low volume from my external speakers connected to line out and from headphones connected to the HD Audio front panel jack. Sound is the same with or without the HD audio...
  3. Volume too LOUD

Volume too LOUD: Something is wrong with my volume. It's only on 9 and yet it feels like it's on like 24. This only started happening after i restarted for an update. Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?...
  4. Default sound volume too loud even with Windows volume at 1 or 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default sound volume too loud even with Windows volume at 1 or 2: Hello, I recently bought some new headphones and they're extremely loud. As said, even with Windows volume on very low settings, they're almost unbearably loud. I could use the per-program setting to lower the volume of everything, I guess, but that'd make it so new...
  5. Speakers are extremely loud

Speakers are extremely loud: I have quite new MSI gs65. I have it from 3 weeks. Yesterday I simply unplugged the headphones, like every day, and speakers started to play music EXTREMELY loud. I lowered the volume to 1/100 but it was still very loud. I noticed, that music sounds a bit strange compared...
  6. Volume is super loud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume is super loud: Hello everybody, I am having a problem on my laptop. I have a Dell laptop and every time I put volume 2, it is as loud as volume 100. This is super weird and I couldn't fix it, so if anybody knows how to fix this annoying problem, please comment, I really need your help!...
  7. Sound very loud even at 1% volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound very loud even at 1% volume: Even when my headphones are set to 1% in the volume mixer, everything is almost deafening. At 100% it's as if they're speakers instead of earphones. How can I make 1% quiet? I've updated all my drivers and have a set of Heil Sound headphones....
  8. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...
  9. Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound is too loud even when it's on volume 2...: Hi guys im rather frustrated now... I recently got a new desktop to windows 10 and everything is working fine but that was till I noticed that the sound was being too loud for what it should be. Let's say right now i have it on volume 15 it will sound like volume 80, this...
  10. Volume Unreasonably Loud

Volume Unreasonably Loud: My volume is way too loud. I have to have my volume between 0 and 10, out of the possible 100. anything else is way to loud. I'm using regular headphones with no gain, so it's not getting amplified there. I have to set all my different audio sources artificially low in...