Windows 10: Sound volume is too low.

Discus and support Sound volume is too low. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Visionz199, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Sound volume is too low.

Accidently, I labeled my speakers as headphones on the pop up window you get when an audio device is plugged in. To make maters worse, I clicked to never show me that pop up again.

Since then, my sound volume is too low. It's around half of what it used to be and I can find out how to reverse it.

I tried everything you can think of. I tried different drivers, troubleshoots, checked everything there is to check about audio, checked the volume mixer, checked the sound settings, ran updates, uninstalled then installed again. I tried everthing you can find on the first couple of pages on google. Even my friends tried a trick or two to make it work, but with no luck.

I tried with Realtek HD Audio Manager, but also no luck.

I have used the sound system with windows 10 on different lap top and it worked perfectly.

When I click on the volume icon it says: "Speakers/Headphones (Realtek(R) Audio" It looks like to me that the lap top doesn't differentiate between speakers and headphones. For some reason Microsoft Store doesn't allow me to download Waves Maxx Audio, to try and enable the pop up again.

Hope someone can help. Sorry for the bad english, it's not my native.

submitted by /u/Visionz199
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Visionz199, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Low sound volume

Could it be any of these, whether obvious or not, or all the above or, a combination thereof?

Sound volume is too low. [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Stinger Win User
    Low sound volume

I had low volume on Win7, Win8/8.1 and Win10 using Realtek HD audio.
    Here is a fix that worked for me:
    Make SURE your Windows sound level is set to low before doing this!
    * Access the Realtek sound program
    * On a desktop pc the rear green connector is normally used. Right click the icon and you have 2 options:
    "New reassignment of contact/connector" or "sound settings" (or my english translation is a little off)
    * Choose new reassignment of contact/connector
    * Change from frontspeaker out to headphones
    * Click OK and you are finished.

I can't guarantee that this will work for all of you, but I can no longer listen to music with audio settings at 100% because it is way to loud after doing this.

Stinger, Feb 2, 2020
  4. ddelo Win User

Sound volume is too low.

Low sound volume?

I'm afraid it's a never ending problem. I also have the low sound + a distorted sound problem when the volume goes very high, above 70.

I have tried several versions of Realtek High Definition Audio drivers and I have settled to the one recommended by Microsoft for my HW_ID (6.0.1.7944), which is quite old. Not that is solved the problem, but I just gave up installing and trying new drivers!!

ddelo, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Sound volume is too low.

1. Sound volume is too low. - Similar Threads - Sound volume too

2. Volume suddenly too low

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume suddenly too low: I turned on my computer and what use to be 10% volume on my headphones is now only gotten when I turn it up to 100%. I haven't changed any of the settings and I don't know what is wrong with it. It's not my headphones itself as those are working fine and not the port either...
  3. The microphone volume is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The microphone volume is too low: Hi,the microphone volume is too low. Yesterday everything was fine but now people cannot hear me wellI've already tried many different approaches: Check and Adjust Microphone Volume from Sound SettingsCheck Microphone PermissionsRun Microphone TroubleshooterUpdate your...
  4. Microphone Volume Too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume Too Low: My microphone Audio Device was working just fine until recently but after I reinstalled windows the volume for my mic is very low.What I triedDevice Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Audio Device > Uninstall device then Reset the PC = No change.Device Manager >...
  5. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  6. Sound is too low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound is too low: I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 and my audio drivers are up to date. the sound is at 100 but its very low... Help Ican hardly distinguish the sounds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-too-low/3c950915-e7e1-4adf-aee8-91a1dcc3bd95
  7. Sound volume too low since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  8. Volume too low

Volume too low: I was listening to some music working on some homework, and I decided to take my music working out. So I plugged my earbuds into my phone, and switched my music there on Spotify. I came back about an hour later, plugged my earbuds back into my computer, and the volume was...
  9. Low sound volume?

Low sound volume?: Since updating my wife's and my Sister-N-Law's laptops to the April update And the CU the volume on their laptops is low even though the volume is set to 100. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card drivers. My wife's...
  10. Low sound volume

Low sound volume: Since going from Win8 to Win10 tech preview I have had to increase my volume a lot more than before to hear anything. Has anyone else had sound volume issues with Win10? thanks 3965