Windows 10: Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?

Discus and support Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've installed this update: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5020044, after that when a volume key is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Moaz Magdy, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?

I've installed this update: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5020044, after that when a volume key is pressed a little pop-up volume window appears, but it doesn't change at all.

:)

Moaz Magdy, Dec 3, 2022

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 3, 2022
  3. mooreted Win User
    Multimedia Keys Move Slider But no Volume Change

I notice that when I'm playing GW2 I can press the volume keys on my keyboard and the volume OSD goes up and down but the volume doesn't change. If I click the volume icon in the systray I can adjust the volume. I have searched for ages but I seem to be the only person having this issue.

I changed the sound settings to disallow apps from getting exclusive control of volume.

How can I get the multimedia keys to control volume in games?

mooreted, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

Hi, I have trouble adjusting the volume while playing certain full-screen games such as metro last light ...

For some reason in games like that one, I cannot increase or decrease the volume using my keyboard... Now I know I can alt-tab out of the game to control the volume but I would rather use the keyboard buttons I already have for that same purpose... you see... while in-game there sometimes are LOUD sounds or Loud moments when I really feel the urge to lower the volume for a little while... and THEN:

There are those super quiet dialogue moments where I can't hear what the characters are sayin and I need to raise the volume...

Anyone know why my Volume hotkeys get disabled by the game? and how to fix it?

I would be ETERNALLY grateful *Wink Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11? ;)

jonathan1107, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?

1. Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11? - Similar Threads - Sound volume keys

2. Windows 11 updates messing with volume keys on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates messing with volume keys on keyboard.: Update prior to this latest one, I was able to reset the Realtek audio back. This time, I am not given the choice. If I'm looking at a video online, I can lower the volume on the video volume slide, but the keyboard up and down do not affect it. The system beeps are ever so...
  3. Windows 11 updates messing with volume keys on keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates messing with volume keys on keyboard.: Update prior to this latest one, I was able to reset the Realtek audio back. This time, I am not given the choice. If I'm looking at a video online, I can lower the volume on the video volume slide, but the keyboard up and down do not affect it. The system beeps are ever so...
  4. Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound volume keys on keyboard don't change volume after updating windows 11?: I've installed this update: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5020044, after that when a volume key is pressed a little pop-up volume window appears, but it doesn't change at all....
  5. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  6. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  7. How to change sound volume in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change sound volume in Windows 11: [ATTACH]There are multiple and built-in ways in Windows 11 to change sound volume or system volume. In this post, we have added all such options. When your computer sound volume is too low or high, you can try any of these options to change or adjust the output volume level...
  8. Volume always plays at max sound after updating despite volume being changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume always plays at max sound after updating despite volume being changed: After updating Windows recently, All sound played on my computer defaults to max volume, despite volume not being max even 2% plays at max volume, 0% mutes all volume, I 'fixed' it by rolling back Windows updates, but now with the security leak on older Windows versions I no...
  9. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  10. Windows is changing sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is changing sound volume: Ive been trying to solve this problem for over a week now. I have two screens, one for browsing and the other for gaming. Whenever I have a game open open any communication software, streaming or any website with a video, windows changes the game sound volume to below 10%....